Like Tree2Likes

Which serviced apartment?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Which serviced apartment?

Hi all,

I'm moving to HK in 1.5 months. The firm, which is based in the ICC, is providing me with a month of accommodation in a serviced apartment on arrival.

I can only choose from the following list of specific properties:

• 2 Macdonnell Road
    • Luard on the Park
    • The Bauhinia
    • Hanlun Lily Court II, Mid-Levels
    • Hanlun Peach Blossom, Mid-Levels
    • Hanlun The Orchid
    • Treasure View, Soho
    • Como Como
    • Shama "Mid-Levels" (assuming I get Hollywood rather than pricier Central)
    • Pinnacle (TST)
    Based on preliminary research and scouting around for forums such as this, it appears Treasure View Soho, The Bauhinia (above Sheung Wan MTR) and Shama Mid Levels are the most convenient for the daily morning commute to ICC during the month.

Any feedback or comments you have on ANY of the above would help narrow the list and assist me in listing my preferences to my employer.

Of course, any such advice or feedback would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance! :)

ZW

Be aware that it is quicker to walk from Sheung Wan MTR to Hong Kong MTR than it is to get the MTR to Central MTR then connect to Hong Kong MTR.

Thanks Gruntfuttock, that's useful to know.

Any experience (or even hearsay from others) in relation to any of the properties listed above?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock
    Be aware that it is quicker to walk from Sheung Wan MTR to Hong Kong MTR than it is to get the MTR to Central MTR then connect to Hong Kong MTR.
    If you do in suit you will be hot sticky and sweaty though.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using GeoClicks mobile app
    SalseroHK likes this.

2 Macdonnell Road are decent serviced apartments but not the best commute to ICC. The morning won't be too bad as they have a shuttle to Central (or it's a pleasant walk down the hill through the Botanical Gardens). But in the evening you'll be relying on taxis to get back or a sweaty walk uphill (I did this for 6 weeks and it was fine but other people who were staying there at the same time as me thought I was mad) as the shuttle finishes VERY early and the bus goes from Admiralty/Hong Kong Park.

I have friends lived in 2 Macdonnell Road, Luard on the Park amd The Bauhinia before, seems Macdonnell Road looks more in large scale but furniture looks old though. You should also try Shama TST is on Kowloon side. If budget allows, the best definitely will be HarbourView Place next to ICC.

Thanks bibbju and hermassryan.

Unfortunately I am restricted to the specific places I have listed in my original post. HarbourView Place at ICC would have been ideal though

Apparently Shama Mid Levels is no longer available, so please disregard that one.

TreasureView Soho seems to have the largest in the list (719 sqf), but would it be too noisy? (I think I saw somewhere it is directly above a nightclub?)

I work in Central and am happy with Bauhinia. I can walk to IFC in 10 mins, take the tram or MTR to work in 20 mins. The 4th floor lounge is good value. I was in the 2 bedroom first, then moved to 1br 500sqft Both good

Thanks August0. I found some poor reviews of Bauhinia on TripAdvisor earlier and was somewhat put off by them, but may still consider it given your positive feedback. Cheers

OP, it's only for a month. Given you'll be starting a new job and no doubt under pressure to perform, I would have thought location and commute are more important than size, a couple of less than glowing Trip Advisor reviews and alleged "old furniture".

The better serviced apartment buildings tend to get booked up (as you can see by Shama disappearing) especially when it's only a short stay (which 1 month is) so suggest you make your mind up sooner rather than later.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast