Like Tree39Likes

Whats Hung Hom like?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10

hung hom would be so awesome if the ferry to central was still in operation. It's within sight of Central and HK island but the MTR line is still in construction.

bookblogger likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by damasque
    hung hom would be so awesome if the ferry to central was still in operation. It's within sight of Central and HK island but the MTR line is still in construction.
    really? the ferry's frequency was at 20 minutes and the time taken to get to central was at 10 mins, which is almost same as MTR ( hung hom to east tst then to tst to central),

only advantage was a nice slow journey to central ( rather than be crammed on the tube)

Warning ***** Hung Hum Bay Harbour Place Tower 3, 11D. DO Not go there!

Horrible landlord from mainland china. Claimed she has HKID but cannot speak a word of Cantonese.

When we returned the property, we even patched all the holes and painted the wall for her. She didn't return our deposit back because she wants us to put the whole house window safety frame for her which was not reasonable. When we moved in,there were no safety window frames, plus it is not written in the contract to ask us to install for her. Midland Agency also could not do much he said. So we need to go to legal process but it is just a pain to deal with the landlord.

She already increased our rent 15% after 1 year contract, we stayed because it was tough to move with young children after 1 year. During the 2 years stay, she didn't want to fix the problem with the washing machine and air-con, she said its not her issues. Lots of issues.

If you and your friend want to rent in Hung Hom Harbour Place, just be ware of this landlord/property. Don't want another family to suffer.

She mentioned she wants to get Japanese/foreigner tenant. Just be careful !

I tried to go for Harbourview Horizon but seems that nobody is renting out rooms and the unit rent is out of my budget. Any options?

Quote Originally Posted by Jennykkliu
    Warning ***** Hung Hum Bay Harbour Place Tower 3, 11D. DO Not go there!

Horrible landlord from mainland china. Claimed she has HKID but cannot speak a word of Cantonese.

When we returned the property, we even patched all the holes and painted the wall for her. She didn't return our deposit back because she wants us to put the whole house window safety frame for her which was not reasonable. When we moved in,there were no safety window frames, plus it is not written in the contract to ask us to install for her. Midland Agency also could not do much he said. So we need to go to legal process but it is just a pain to deal with the landlord.

She already increased our rent 15% after 1 year contract, we stayed because it was tough to move with young children after 1 year. During the 2 years stay, she didn't want to fix the problem with the washing machine and air-con, she said its not her issues. Lots of issues.

If you and your friend want to rent in Hung Hom Harbour Place, just be ware of this landlord/property. Don't want another family to suffer.

She mentioned she wants to get Japanese/foreigner tenant. Just be careful !
    Small claims court. Also not sure whats your point with her being mainlander and hkid card not.speakingba word of Cantonese. I suppose i better hand back my hkid card, because surprisingly as an Australian i dont speak cantonese but i do have a hkid.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using GeoClicks mobile app

I see it's been a while since the last reply. I am considering HH as a place to start looking for an apartment. (think about spending around 15.000 HKD).
    Could anyone tell me if it's nice to live in HH nowadays? Are there plenty of bars, restaurants, coffee shops etc?

For me it's most important to live in a neighbourhood where I can walk out the door and find things to do, because I'm off many days. Living close to my job is less important, but if someone has other neighbourhoods in mind that are nice to live in and have a reasonable good connection to the airport feel free to tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by F_R_87
    I see it's been a while since the last reply. I am considering HH as a place to start looking for an apartment. (think about spending around 15.000 HKD).
    Could anyone tell me if it's nice to live in HH nowadays? Are there plenty of bars, restaurants, coffee shops etc?

For me it's most important to live in a neighbourhood where I can walk out the door and find things to do, because I'm off many days. Living close to my job is less important, but if someone has other neighbourhoods in mind that are nice to live in and have a reasonable good connection to the airport feel free to tell me.
    Hung hom is already a decent place to live especially near the whampoa area , even better with there new forthcoming whampoa station which will open in October

There are many great restaurants and a few bars there, also had a great promenade

knk

In the last couple of years the place has changed enormously! Loads more restaurants, mainly small but so much variety. M&S opened a month or so back, uniglo. And several other well known shops. Gyms, library, club house activities...You know u are not living 'back home' it's got a local feeling which we like. We are looking forward to the Kerry hotel (shangrila group) opening in November. The main thing the area lacks is a decent bar. We do have a few bars/places to drink but no where (yet) that on a sunny Tuesday afternoon after getting off the minibus I would want to stop and have a sneaky GnT before heading home. Having said this its a 15 min walk to east tst water front. The area is fantastically linked for transport and easy to walk into TST.

imparanoic likes this.

Thanks a lot! Will deff visit HH to check it out

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10