Like Tree39Likes

Whats Hung Hom like?

Reply
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Soon to be HK
    Posts
    71

    Whats Hung Hom like?

    Hi All,

    I have just about settled on Hung Hom.....

    1. Its cheap(er)
    2. Hung Hom station is on the same line as my (new) office. University station.
    3. I think it is both far enough out of Mong Kok, TST to be a little more relaxed while close enough to enjoy when I want.

    Before I take the leap, I would love some feedback on the area and to confuse me a little more any suggestions of other areas...

    Thanks for your input in advance.

    Cheers
    Shaun


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11,151
    Quote Originally Posted by Latrotech
    Hi All,

    I have just about settled on Hung Hom.....

    1. Its cheap(er)
    2. Hung Hom station is on the same line as my (new) office. University station.
    3. I think it is both far enough out of Mong Kok, TST to be a little more relaxed while close enough to enjoy when I want.

    Before I take the leap, I would love some feedback on the area and to confuse me a little more any suggestions of other areas...

    Thanks for your input in advance.

    Cheers
    Shaun
    hung hom is largest district, nice parts include royal peninsular, harbor place and even the service apartments are ok as there are in quieter part of hung hom as well closer to the promenade, hung hom also includes whamphoa estate, which was built in the early 1990's, relatively modern, more lively part of hung hom, excellent range of restaurants as well as cheap car parking, plenty of shops, yet, less of the hustle and bustle of tst and mk

    while the old part of hung hom is not so great, but it's much cheaper as well as a high concertartion of funeral parlours, most occupied by old traditional Chinese buildings

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    1,753

    And some parts are not along an MTR line but have many mini and regular buses to all districts (TST, Mongkok, Central, CWB) if that is a concern.


  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11,151
    Quote Originally Posted by threelittlepigs
    And some parts are not along an MTR line but have many mini and regular buses to all districts (TST, Mongkok, Central, CWB) if that is a concern.
    well, royal peninsula is next to mtr, service apartments is 8 mins walk, while harbor place is 10 mins ( short cut way)

    while, old parts of hung hom is 5-7 mins walk to hung hom mtr and whamphoa is around 10-15 mins ( depends what part) also whamphoa mtr station ( extension of kwun tong line) is schedule for 2015 opening.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gold Coast Marina
    Posts
    17,970

    I looked at getting offices in hung hom. I thought it was terrible. Abit like living in the middle of a transport terminal! (Mind you, that was the area close to the MTR station - all flyovers, MTR and bus lanes. Yuck). Each to their own. If I were at university I'd be looking somewhere further north - save a fortune in rent and can find some nice quiet areas in the country.


  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11,151
    Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07
    I looked at getting offices in hung hom. I thought it was terrible. Abit like living in the middle of a transport terminal! (Mind you, that was the area close to the MTR station - all flyovers, MTR and bus lanes. Yuck). Each to their own. If I were at university I'd be looking somewhere further north - save a fortune in rent and can find some nice quiet areas in the country.
    have you been to harbourfront horizon or harbor place, nice, few traffic, near the seafront with nice views of wan chai, cwb, north point, I love jogging along the promenade on a not so polluted day

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,446

    I'm with moving on this. HH is not a great place. I lived in harbour front horizon and it was a bit out of the way from the shopping areas. The apartment was nice enough though.

    HH itself is a bit weird like it has two shopping areas and split by a major road that is not used often.

    The restaurants are not great but a couple of Thai places were ok.

    Not sure why live there when you work out in NT.

    Sent from somewhere....


  8. #8

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    1,038

    if you want to live smack in the middle of a giant transport interchange/ concrete jungle it's perfect!

    MovingIn07 and virago like this.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,260

    would rather live in mong kok. HH is hideous.


  10. #10
    Mat
    Mat is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    14,601

    Wow so much misleading information on here...

    I have lived in Laguna Verde (part of HH) for two years back in 2009/2010:
    - full HK harbor view
    - Very decently priced
    - great faciliites
    - a quick stroll to Whampoa where you have resto, bowling alleys, cinema, coffees...
    etc etc...


Reply
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast