rent increase

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

rent increase

hi

just a few views and suggestions i guess.

my rent is up for renewal in three months.

gave the landlord a call and they have said that rent will go up from 14.5k a month to 17k a month.

presently living on the border of central and sheung wan. apartment is a new building, i have a mid level floor with a balcony and a decent size (two bedrooms, gross 693 square feet).

i do like where i live (both location and actual living quarters).

i have no idea what the market is like now, but is 17k a month for what i have decent value.

thanks!!

Seems about right as a starting point but its all down to negotiation. Never accept the first position.

If the place is new and in good condition, it sounds in the right ballpark.

15-20% increase sounds reasonable these days...

Come to think of it, the OP's rise is 17%, same as mine. Probably worth trying to negotiate, depending on whether the landlord is an individual or a corporate (less flexibility in the latter, I suspect).

thanks guys.

the landlord is tung wah hospital. no negotiation possible. there is a waiting list of about 200 people to get into my building as it is.

Depends how badly do you want your current place. It might be helpful for you to have a look around what else is on offer around your area.

Quote Originally Posted by sunniefaith:
    Depends how badly do you want your current place. It might be helpful for you to have a look around what else is on offer around your area.
    I second that. Unfortunately you actually might be getting a great deal. It is sad to think that a 20% increase is "normal".

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile:
    I second that. Unfortunately you actually might be getting a great deal. It is sad to think that a 20% increase is "normal".
    that's the thing, for the location, age of property, size of property, etc, 17k is about right (the flat could easily fetch c. 20k a month).

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    that's the thing, for the location, age of property, size of property, etc, 17k is about right (the flat could easily fetch c. 20k a month).
    Then....what are you thinking about and what's keeping you?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast