Where should we live ?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I think it could be a different experience of where you are living at the moment in the UK i.e. We lived in Kensington and thought that we would like to live in the central area in HK. I suffered for a year until we decided to break the rental contract. Now we are living happily in DB and don't mind travelling by ferry at all. (mind you we are moving to Shanghai soon!).

For that budget I would pick the South Side of the Island (shouson Hill, Repulse Bay...) or the Peak..

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    For that budget I would pick the South Side of the Island (shouson Hill, Repulse Bay...) or the Peak..
    A nice way to "try out" those neighbourhoods to see if you like them/the commute is to stay at the De Ricou appartments in Repulse Bay, for the first few weeks that you are here. It's a nice serviced appartment in an appartment complex with great facilities (gym, indoor/outdoor pools, playground, supermarket, doctors, dentists, dry-cleaning, restaurants, cafe, shops, a shuttle and excellent public transportation into town).