Like Tree15Likes

New to hk and str8 to db

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Not good nor bad - its just an observation.
    Families who move to DB tend to stay in DB full time and rarely venture outside. They do tend to visit Disney once in a while (its close) and a hike or boat ride over to Muiwo for a change of scenery, but its a rare thing to find a DB family to go to Lamma, Saikung or other areas....
    The ferry service to Mui Wo will cease to exist in early November, it has been run on a reduced schedule (only 2 sailings per day on weekdays) since August already.
    As for your observation that we 'rarely venture outside' - it isn't exactly quite like that. Most DB residents venture outside quite a bit - like adults commuting to work or the kids that don't go to DBIS or Discovery College, commuting to school.
    I do find your generalisations interesting though

Another thing for children is this Noah's Ark Park on Park Island (pretty close to DB). It has statues of animals and a few other things.

Quote Originally Posted by elle:
    The ferry service to Mui Wo will cease to exist in early November, it has been run on a reduced schedule (only 2 sailings per day on weekdays) since August already.
    I saw that - it sucks, I hope they can come to a compromise on the dispute.
    As for your observation that we 'rarely venture outside' - it isn't exactly quite like that. Most DB residents venture outside quite a bit - like adults commuting to work or the kids that don't go to DBIS or Discovery College, commuting to school.
    I'm not suggesting DB residents dont venture outside; they do. I'm asserting that DB families (Mum&Dad&Brood, altogether) tend not to leave the place, during weekends to do family outings. They generally stay on DB as they have plenty of stuff to do locally.
    I do find your generalisations interesting though
    It comes from many years of observations

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Another thing for children is this Noah's Ark Park on Park Island (pretty close to DB). It has statues of animals and a few other things.
    I wouldn't call Park Island pretty close to DB, while it might theoretically be the case, in reality the shortest rout is taking the ferry from DB to Central, then the ferry from Central to Park Island, that would take at least an hour (or quite a bit more if you happen to just miss the ferry in Central.
    Other options to get there would be taking the bus to Sunny Bay, then the MTR to Tsing Yi, then the mini bus to Park Island - also not exactly quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    But it comes with a large dose of very way out at the extremes religious insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    But it comes with a large dose of very way out at the extremes religious insanity.
    Yes, but that's interesting isn't it? Also could be very educational! ("Kids, these are STATUES that humans created... just like humans create stories!")