Not sure- Pacific View or Bel-air

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Not sure- Pacific View or Bel-air

I am already in HK and my family will be joining me in July (wife 7 year old and 2 year old with another on the way)- We have a place for my eldest at quarry Bay school under corporate surety. Is getting him to school from Bel-air really going to be a pain as the facilities really are superb- also would Pacific view be a good alternative- is there a good community spirit there. I work in Wanchai so each has pros and cons.

Thanks for any thoughts

JC

Pacific View would be a good alternative, as would the Manhattan, which is exactly opposite Pacific View on the other side of Tai tam road. It takes about 15mn by car from PV to Quarry Bay. Are your kids going to Delia?

Pros on PV: beautiful view, close to American Club if you're a member, indoor/outdoor pools, nice international community, a lot of young families, shuttle to Stanley (about 5mn drive) bus station- a nice seaside village with supermarkets, doctors, public library, hairdressers, salon, atm, dry-cleaners, optician, pharmacies, market, church, beaches, great rugby club for kids, bookstores, bakery, coffee shops, photo-printing, loads of nice restaurants, preschools, vet, post office, etc.
    Cons: the PV appartments have a lot of round angles in them, and that can be a drawback for people who have a lot of furniture and want nice and neat angles.

I'll let someone else do Bel Air.

Bel Air very expensive....

Both PV and BelAir are very expensive.
    I think both areas are completely different. It's going to be a personal choice. I think the closeness of PV however to Quarry Bay would win for me regardless of the rest.

Manhattan opposite PV has superb facilities. Many people from PV go to the Manhattan to use the pool and the playground. Not cool

And Ontheroad is right about the angles in PV. I think it makes the places seem small and makes it hard to get your furniture in. Value for money, Manhattan wins over PV. The building is a bit older but has much better efficiency. It's quite hard to get into however. I think there is normally a waiting list.

Thanks for the thoughts

I tried the schoiool run yesterday- 45mins from Bel-air does not seem like fun so rulled. Manhatten I think is impossible to get into so am gradually ruling things out- my wife thinks Tai Tam is too far from the action- she is a city girl at heart and I think has aspirations to live where it is all happening- how long should it take to get from Pacific View to Wanchai?

Have a look around Happy Valley, Jardine's Lookout.
    It's close to the "action" and about 10-15mn from Quarry Bay.

Great thought So where in those areas would you look. Think we are going to need 4 bedrooms- guess its budget driven but around the same as pacific view

Also have a look at Parkview. It's a huge complex with great facilities, just 5mn above Jardines' Lookout.

cant find anything that is affordable ion parkview minimum looks like 95k for 4 beds- HK is absolutely bonkers on the rental front

JC

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast