Park Island

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by leghk:
    Organic beef!!! I bet the cows are really healthy, happy and contented right up until the point they get shot!!!

Just joking..no offense intended fellow PI residents.
    No worries! We're making a point to eat better and yes, we're strange...turning organic....

Quote Originally Posted by sunniefaith:
    No worries! We're making a point to eat better and yes, we're strange...turning organic....
    I'm not one for insisting everything should be organic, but with things such as chicken, eggs (the taste is so much better) and pork you really do not know what you are eating - especially when it's from China! I know there are, in reality, no certainties even with organic stuff, but at least it tastes better!

Respect to both of you.

Maybe can be persuaded on the taste, will give them a try. I do too many other unhealthy things for eating organic to make any difference to my general well being and life expectancy.

D&H, actually, that's very true. I'm getting organic eggs and chicken because of the bird flu thingy and beef, mad cow issue. And I think with organic stuff, it does help with our overall general health but there's no point eating organic and the smoking and drinking still continues.

..wow I wonder if this exchange about the scarcity on Park Island has put the original poster off moving from Mid levels... can't think of much more different a place

Last edited by Meerkat; 29-05-2008 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meerkat:
    ..wow I wonder if this exchange about the scarcity on Park Island has put the original poster off moving from Mid levels... can't think of much more different a place

think that's the point...if you wanted mid levels you would stay there, right

Scarcity only really applies to meat, can get most other things, but you are right in that we have taken it off topic somewhat - apologies to OP!

Friday!!

It's all good! In fact the off topic posts gave me some extra information I hadn't thought to ask...but better than that, it shows me there's a great bunch of people living over there!!

The only thing I like about mid-levels is that it's 5 minutes to and from work and I do long hours. But with my recent marriage to an American who will be relocating, I think he was a bit shocked at the space I currently live in

Also, my dog (who currently lives with my sister in Tenerife) is coming to be reunited with me and where I live there are no good walks except along the side of busy roads!

Thanks everyone and I'm looking forward to hearing more. It certainly sounds like PI needs a good bar!

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona and Steve:
    It's all good! In fact the off topic posts gave me some extra information I hadn't thought to ask...but better than that, it shows me there's a great bunch of people living over there!!

The only thing I like about mid-levels is that it's 5 minutes to and from work and I do long hours. But with my recent marriage to an American who will be relocating, I think he was a bit shocked at the space I currently live in

Also, my dog (who currently lives with my sister in Tenerife) is coming to be reunited with me and where I live there are no good walks except along the side of busy roads!

Thanks everyone and I'm looking forward to hearing more. It certainly sounds like PI needs a good bar!
    If you have a dog, your dog will love PI. I've a dog too and she goes to the dog run almost every night to hang out with her friends.

He'd love that - he's a very sociable lad! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona and Steve:
    Feel free to start one in your apartment.

I think it would be hilarious if one were put in the Ark. I giggle whenever I think of that ugly thing.