Like Tree17Likes

Ding / Village Land rights

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    Mat. I want him to fail. I want everyone who tries to sell or use ding rights to fail.
    Why?

The law is unfair. He hasnt done anything wrong.

Sent from my GT-I9210 using GeoClicks mobile app
    jimbo likes this.

It's irrelevant what I would do or what I wouldn't do, just as it's irrelevant what you would do. In fact, it's irrelevant what the OP will do and like I said, it's nothing personal!

What I 'wish' will happen will have no bearing on the outcome of the OP's dealing because I don't have any magical powers.

I disagree with this system and I hope the OP fails.

Someone could make a law tomorrow that all people born whose surname starts with B no longer have to pay income tax...that would benefit me and I wouldn't pay any tax...that wouldn't make it right and it wouldn't be wrong to wish I paid income tax like everyone else...

Don't get your point if I'm honest...hope you get mine now though!
    I fully understand your point from a point of princple. I am not arguing about the law itself as it is not fair but the point that you wish them to fail when it is their rightful inheritance. It's not their fault!

Quote Originally Posted by HKITperson:
    I fully understand your point from a point of princple. I am not arguing about the law itself as it is not fair but the point that you wish them to fail when it is their rightful inheritance. It's not their fault!
    No. I believe that Hong Kong is a little worse off every time this happens.

Unless I have some magical powers that I'm unaware of, my wishing for their failure will have absolutely no impact one way or the other...what's your problem?

Look...Jimbo has said he has ding rights, it clearly doesn't bother him what I feel. Sh*t, at least I'm being open about it!

INXS

I appreciate and respect your honesty.
    Truth be told I'd feel the same if I was ineligible too, but at least I'll be living in mine as opposed to selling it.

INXS likes this.

No. I believe that Hong Kong is a little worse off every time this happens.
    Perhaps, but your anger is misdirected.

Do you get angry at ordinary citizens who decide to take their lawfully granted tax deductions? I'm guessing no, because you are also eligible.

Do you get angry at ordinary citizens who decide to take their lawfully granted tax deductions for their elderly infirm and/or disabled kids? Just because fate didnt give you such a unique dependant (and equally, fate didnt give you a free-house-card) should not be a reason to direct your anger at those who are eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Perhaps, but your anger is misdirected.

Do you get angry at ordinary citizens who decide to take their lawfully granted tax deductions? I'm guessing no, because you are also eligible.

Do you get angry at ordinary citizens who decide to take their lawfully granted tax deductions for their elderly infirm and/or disabled kids? Just because fate didnt give you such a unique dependant (and equally, fate didnt give you a free-house-card) should not be a reason to direct your anger at those who are eligible.
    Errm...I'm not angry. Also, I'm not 'directing' anything. The 'Force' is not strong in this one!

It's a bit like when I watch United play City...I want United to lose...actually it doesn't make any difference...

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    INXS

I appreciate and respect your honesty.
    Truth be told I'd feel the same if I was ineligible too, but at least I'll be living in mine as opposed to selling it.
    And...as I've already implied with regards the tax analogy...I would do the same if I was in your shoes...

My dad has built a house by right.. Personally if your able to afford it a house built would be much more valuable to you and your family rather than you selling your right off to another for a significant lesser amount

Im angry that most of the people ruling HK are not actually proper Hong Kong people... the fact is, most countries are made up of invaders who arrived many centuries ago. So in a way its good that the indigenous people, just like in the USA, Australia etc are looked after.

but then im also pissed off with the government that I have paid tax for the last 6 years, and yet I didn't get the $6000 handout when some people who have never contributed came back for a holiday to pick theirs up.

ah well... we all want the best for ourselves really.

Quote Originally Posted by UK/HKboy:
    Im angry that most of the people ruling HK are not actually proper Hong Kong people... the fact is, most countries are made up of invaders who arrived many centuries ago. So in a way its good that the indigenous people, just like in the USA, Australia etc are looked after.

but then im also pissed off with the government that I have paid tax for the last 6 years, and yet I didn't get the $6000 handout when some people who have never contributed came back for a holiday to pick theirs up.

ah well... we all want the best for ourselves really.
    are you oversea born Chinese of hk indigenous people? why don't you have 3stars or ROA, did you apply for your adult hkid at very late date ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3