Can Anyone recommend a CHEAP hotel within easy travelling distance to CENTRAL pls?

Closed Thread

Can Anyone recommend a CHEAP hotel within easy travelling distance to CENTRAL pls?

Hi there,

Can anyone recommend a good cheap hotel that is clean, has good public transport links and access to Central please?

I am on a tight budget and will be visiting HK for several back-to-back meetings in Central. I am looking at accomodation from 14th June - 23/24th June, 2008

Thanks,

Ed

Ps. Hope you all have a lovely public holiday!

Try www.hotel.com.hk and choose the ones on the hongkong island side.
    Choose one that's close to a subway station on the island and you could expect commute time below 30 minutes.
    Map to the subway system MTR

Or, depending on how cheap, then there are many places in Chungking / Mirador Mansions that are within 20 minutes of Central. This are fine if all you need is a bed and a shower.

Thanks!

Thanks, will try this link...i really appreciate this..

Quote Originally Posted by rkhl:
    Try www.hotel.com.hk and choose the ones on the hongkong island side.
    Choose one that's close to a subway station on the island and you could expect commute time below 30 minutes.
    Map to the subway system MTR

Not sure what you condsider cheap, but the Holiday Inn Express in Causeway Bay (literally next to Times square mall) is quite reasonable. THe rooms are clean and relatively new, and the price is around something like 110 USD a night. You're right next to the CB MTR and near a lively area.

1. Usually i stay at the YMCA in Tsim Sha Tsui. 2 mins walking from the ferry to central and exellent value for money. (sea view!). Always correct pricing and handling of the bills as far as my experience goes.

2. Recently Ive booked through Hong Kong Hotels - Asia Travel Hotel Reservation

Prices seem good. Hopefully the hotel will receive the booking and all goes well

Thank you so much for all your help everyone!!!

Dear all that replied...thank you so much for your recommendations on accomodation...I finally found one which is cheap...near Central called Mingle in the Wind ....

All the best

Eddie

Hope I can return the favour if anyone needs info on visiting London

Isn't Mingle the renamed Eden on Wellington Street?

If so then that's a "love hotel": bookable by the hour. Bring earplugs.

no..this is the one on Wing Lok Street...not on Wellington.

absolutely right Backbacker

yes it's the one one stop from central..I'll have earplugs...hey I might be the one setting the action! Hee!hee!hee! Joking!!

Thanks to you all!