Advice on Apartments and Serviced Apt Kowloon Side

Closed Thread

Advice on Apartments and Serviced Apt Kowloon Side

Hi

I am moving to HK in the next couple of months. have been there more than 60 times over the last 20 years, but never full-time working. I know most of the hotels but now have to find a place to live.

I will work in Tai Po and plan to try and find something along the KCR East line near Mongkok or Kowloon Tong Stations. I have been surfing online looking for leads for apartments but not much to be found on Kowloon side (on-line).

My budget seems sufficient (willing to pay 20,000/mo), but just don't see much. So......... I'd appreciate any leads on:

1. Ways to find a 1 or 2 bedroom rental in that area (Yau Yat Tsuen, Mongkok);
    2. Names of real estate agents in that area.
    3. Recommendations on Service apartments in that area.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by hallingp:
    Hi

I will work in Tai Po and plan to try and find something along the KCR East line near Mongkok or Kowloon Tong Stations. I have been surfing online looking for leads for apartments but not much to be found on Kowloon side (on-line).

My budget seems sufficient (willing to pay 20,000/mo), but just don't see much. So......... I'd appreciate any leads on:
    1. Ways to find a 1 or 2 bedroom rental in that area (Yau Yat Tsuen, Mongkok);
    2. Names of real estate agents in that area.
    3. Recommendations on Service apartments in that area.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi hallingp

There are different real estate agents in the areas you've mentioned above. One of them is "Century 21" with very small office branches (40+ !) 'most everywhere in HK. Here's some info:

1. Branch nearest Kowloon Tong MTR - Exit A2 (after crossing Waterloo Rd, towards Baptist University, off Junction Rd). Perhaps, deals best with the Yau Yat Tsuen area:

CENTURY 21 Hilltop Property Agency (Junction Road)
      Address : Shop No 13, Lower G/F., Franki Centre, No 320 Junction Road, Kowloon 
      Tel. : 2322 2456 Fax. : 2323 3908 
      Email : [email protected]
      Web site : 富山地產 [Unfortunately, this site seems only in Chinese.]

2. Nearer to Kowloon City side, off but still sorta Kowloon Tong area:

CENTURY 21 Everwell Property Agency Company Limited (1st Branch)
      Address : Ground Floor, 49A2-49A3 Nga Tsin Wai Road, Kowloon 
      Tel. : 2383 1388 Fax. : 3552 0512 / 3552 0513 

3. Branch within Mongkok (i.e. Yau Tsim Mong district) dealing with Mongkok area, as well as Yau Ma Tei and Jordan (But IMO wouldn't be my first choice to look!):

CENTURY 21 Comfort Property Agency Company Limited (Dundas St)
      Address : 3B, G/F, No.8 Dundas Street, Yau Ma Tei, Kowloon
      Tel. : 2955 9898 Fax. : 2148 2243 

While I can't offer you *strong* recommendations which particular agent or branch office to contact - as staff may've changed and "standards" do vary a lot - try the first one on the list. They're located and most in-the-know 'bout the area around Kowloon Tong MTR, and just beyond.

About serviced apartments - check with the agents for up-to-date info.

The other well-known agent groups to look out for are: Centaline, Midland Realty, and Ricacorp(?).

Search them through google.com.hk - and glance at what's in English on their sites - usually, you'll come across contact details, too.

Best luck in ya search.
    Last edited by emmie; 13-06-2008 at 11:59 AM.

Thanks Emmie

That's very helpful. Thanks soooo much. Even knowing WHICH agent to go to for the area I'm interested in is a start. Much appreciated.

PJH