Like Tree6Likes

Rent increase negotiations

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

As you said your friend has a good relationship with the landlord and LL isn't bothered about coming back to HK or fussing about market rent, let me know the exact place this is and I will check.

Housing market is quiet at the moment. Our agent told us that hardly anyone is moving flat, few newbies arriving, and ppl are renewing with their LL. Whichever way she has had no clients for nearly 6 months (office in cwb) and this has not happened for some years.
    Some agents 'take a break' and do manual work for 6 months , as they have no base salary, its all on commission.
    In our building there are several empty flats, one my friends moved out of in 2011 Christmas. LL wasnt asking inflated rent, no-one took it, now renovated, still no-one (Southside)
    I would negotiate hard (Cantonese style) or move elsewhere, to a landlord who doesnt want his/her flat to remain empty and will give a fair rent.

Quote Originally Posted by rakedavids:
    As you said your friend has a good relationship with the landlord and LL isn't bothered about coming back to HK or fussing about market rent, let me know the exact place this is and I will check.
    As if I would give out a friends actually address on a public forum to people I don't know.....

Sent from my GT-N7100 using GeoClicks mobile app

Ps being out of Hong Kong doesnt stop a greedy LL from checking the 'market rent' .
    We've heard 'the landladys friends tell her....she could get $$$%$%$ etc Our LL is overseas.