How much is the rent at the long beach (olympic station) at this time?

Closed Thread

How much is the rent at the long beach (olympic station) at this time?

I've been living at the long beach for two years. Now the lease ends and the landlord wants to raise the rent to 22,000 (approximately a 21% raise). The landlord told me that some higher floor apartments at the long beach rent at 22,000 to 23,000. Not sure if this is true. So anybody knows how much the rent is at the long beach at this time. Need a little bit of data to negotiate with the landlord.

Thanks

Hi, I live next door to you in the Cullinan. Arent 3-4 towers of Long beach still empty?
    HArd to say what typical rent is unless you state how many rooms and sq footage.

You could always check here to get an idea.

Oh, I live on the 36th floor. It's a 2-room apt and the gross area is less than 800 square foot. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cometqq:
    So anybody knows how much the rent is at the long beach at this time. Need a little bit of data to negotiate with the landlord.
    Walk into any local estate agent and they will be able to pull up the last few pages of transactions for you, for your building. Then look and compare the floors/sizes and you'll have a very good idea of the current going rate.

I would expect any decent landlord to be doing the same...

anywhere from 19.5K - 22K is the going rate after searching http://eng.28hse.com/

Last edited by wtbhotia; 29-11-2013 at 01:40 PM.

Thanks Trance, Howard, and wtbhotia. I'll also talk to the agents this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    anywhere from 19.5K - 22K is the going rate after searching http://eng.28hse.com/