Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Stijn1976

mReferral

Closed Thread

mReferral

Hello,

Anyone use the 'mReferral' service? Are they reliable?

Thanks.

Can someone suggest if mreferral is a good option to go in for a mortgage or is it better to go directly to the banks?

I've used them before. I think the main advantage is that they put you in touch with someone who knows what they are doing at the bank. Sometimes when you approach a bank directly, you end up with someone fresh out of university who does not have a clue. Also, mreferral will show you different offers from the banks so it is easy to compare and then just apply to one or two banks. It doesn't cost you anything to use mreferral - the banks pay the commission - and the rates you get are as good or better than you get from going to the banks directly.

I just completed settlement of a property using them as my broker. Yes, they do help streamline the paperwork and make the information gathering easier. However i think its important to have at least a basic understanding of whats going on so you can push them to find the best and most appropriate deal for you. Sometimes they are a bit sloppy and lazy in the application submission so its a pain having to double check and correct their errors.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Absolutely worth using in my opinion. A woman called Macky Fung is fantastic - she's been recommended by others on here. And myself and a friend both got mortgages through her and were very happy with her efficiency and ability to seemingly magic up better offers and higher bank valuations for us!

I spent hours and hours talking to banks directly to find out their rates and valuations, only for Macky to come back within half an hour or so of me speaking to her with better interest rates and higher bank valuations from the same banks that I'd spoken to previously.

And like Drumbrake says, it costs you nothing, so even if you decide not to apply through them you've lost nothing.

I used them. But never met them. Just spoke to them on the phone and they emailed me some spreadsheets to compare different banks, Hibor vs Prime etc. Then different people from different banks started calling me to do business.

It was quick and efficient and saved me a lot of running around. So I recommend them.

Just want to update. Feel the comments here don't reflect the current. Contacted them based on this thread but had a pretty poor experience with them. Basically, all they want to do is 'refer'. They don't provide real help nor advice. May as well just contact a bank yourself.

shri likes this.

We used them years ago and it was positive. They did all the legwork and found the best mortgages and made the introductions. This is when we moved the mortgage from another bank.

When we bought the property 18 years ago. I contacted the banks directly and it took forever for them to respond. And cos of time constraints we had to go with the 1 bank who gave us an offer.