Like Tree3Likes

Apartment blocks with good facilities in mid- levels

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Apartment blocks with good facilities in mid- levels

Hi,

Any one got any recommendations for apartment blocks in the mid-levels with good facilities please? I.e swimming pool and tennis courts. We are moving to HK in march time with our baby daughter who will be about 8 months old. I'm guessing that I will spend a lot of time at home with my daughter, at least initially, as I won't know anyone, so I'm really keen to move somewhere where I can take her swimming and just generally hang out in as nice and environment as possible. Our budget will be around 80k HK a month. An suggestions would be welcome thank you.

realjoy likes this.

For your budget, there are decent apartments all over Hong Kong with excellent facilities.
    Why mid levels?

chris_yang22 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs
    For your budget, there are decent apartments all over Hong Kong with excellent facilities.
    Why mid levels?
    I had heard that mid-levels was good for families...husband will be working in central so easy commute. Also as we will not know anyone, I heard its best to try stay centralish to start with where we can (hopefully) make some friends

Midlevels is only good for families as it has a variety of apartment complexes with good facilities. These used to be concentrated in Midlevels but this is no longer so - there are apartments with good facilities all over the territory and many of them on the MTR line which makes them a lot more convenient than hilly Midlevels.

With your budget, I'd look at Leighton Hill in Happy Valley. Its across the street from Happy Valley race track and minutes walk from Causeway Bay MTR. Has all the facilities you would want from a building and its fairly new when compared to many of the estates on Midlevels.

Also, I wouldn't worry too much about being at home. If you make an effort, you will find it very easy to make friends - particularly with a baby. There are lots of non-working mothers in your position, and a 1001 baby activities going on daily.

Happy Valley
    Kennedy Town

Both good options for families and short commute to central.
    Maybe Discovery Bay but that's a ferry commute, might be annoying after a while.

Mat

I'd avoid kennedy town with young kids.

lots and lots and lots of construction going on (i e MTR).

We were looking at buying there earliier this year and we gave up.

With your budget, OP and if hubby works in Central I would first indeed look at:
    Mid Levels
    Wan Chai (the "quiet" side)
    Happy Valley/Causeway bay

Very helpful. Thank you all, Kate

Hi, I'd recommend taking a serious look at Discovery Bay or Park Island. Your partner can just take a 30 minute (relaxing) ferry commute into work. At Park Island, there are many great pools designed and open for kids. There are club houses and saunas, too, BBQ areas for renting, and lots of families. (I'm sure Discovery Bay has a similar but nicer set up.) What I quite like about Park Island for kids is that you can safely go walking around on paths around the island and you get to see all kinds of neat things: the double bridge, crabs, a beach, giant spiders.
    Also maybe consider Park View on HK Island. It has nice facilities and great access to beautiful trails.
    Good to know some Welsh people are heading towards HK.

the belchers near uni of hk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast