Housing advice

Smile Housing advice

Hello!
    My family and I will be moving to HK in the early Spring. I would love to get some ideas you might have about where to live with a family of four. The kids are HS age and both my husband and I will be working. We will need to be near public transportation so the kids can get themselves to/from school. Anyone out there with teenagers getting themselves to school?

We are open to all suggestions!

Hello and welcome.

More old timers will give advice soon but the most common theme would be to get the school sorted first then decide on the area you want to live.

As Steve suggests getting school places is your first concern. Assuming you are not living miles out them getting to school is less of a concern, public transport is excellent and HK is very safe.

It looks like HKIS is the answer at this point so I think I'm just in need of suggestions about where people live that get their kids out to that school.

Most of the international schools run bus routes that can extend quite far. check with the school where the routes go.

Quote Originally Posted by moving soon
    It looks like HKIS is the answer at this point so I think I'm just in need of suggestions about where people live that get their kids out to that school.

I'm not certain, I'm guessing people bus them in from all over the place. I feel sorry for some of the kids here having to spend hours everyday on a school bus..

I would take a look at Repulse Bay maybe? Very nice living if you can afford it..

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Plenty of kids get themselves to primary school using public transportation. Your HS ones will be fine.

So they'll be going to HKIS, next question: budget?

HKIS might be the answer but have they actually got a place?