Like Tree1Likes

The Pinnacle, 8 Minden Avenue. Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs down The Pinnacle, 8 Minden Avenue. Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong

For those expats considering The Pinnacle serviced apartments in Tsim Sha Tsui, there have been issues concerning the servicing of the washer dryer and more seriously, pest infestation in the form of Wall Mites all over the stove top and the provided utensils. Wall Mites cause skin diseases like dermatitis and excema.

Last edited by bentleyturbo888; 01-07-2008 at 07:57 PM.

Shouldn't you be cleaning your apartment so as to prevent such mites?

Neither the cleanliness of the apartment or our personal hygiene is the issue. It's an issue of infestation and is not limited to our apartment. For the record, the "upgrade" apartment to which we were temporarily moved had worse infestation - much to the embarrassment of the Staff who were attempting to make it our problem. We rejected the upgrade.

So, let me get this.. you signed up on GeoExpat just to slam them?

Seems like it yes either that or he works for a competitor.

It's right behind Chung King Mansion, what did you expect??

The Pinnacle

I'm surprised that people here have taken a cynical view of a genuine posting intended to inform them when considering serviced apartments. I did not join this site to slam anyone and neither do I work for a competitor.

I'm an expat professional and there are a large number of caucasian and other professionals living at The Pinnacle. It is divided into serviced and non-serviced apartments

It is not billed as a cheap and slummy dive, on the contrary it is billed as quite elegant. There is no denying that the harbourfront apartments have absolutely spectacular views and are well furnished. I unwittingly discovered a problem in the serviced apartments which I assumed, other expats might wish to know about before putting their money down on short or long term leases.

There are no motives other than informational.

Last edited by bentleyturbo888; 02-07-2008 at 06:58 PM.
    gkbates likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bentleyturbo888:
    I'm surprised that people here have taken a cynical view of a genuine posting intended to inform them when considering serviced apartments. I did not join this site to slam anyone and neither do I work for a competitor.

I'm an expat professional and there are a large number of caucasian and other professionals living at The Pinnacle. It is divided into serviced and non-serviced apartments

It is not billed as a cheap and slummy dive, on the contrary it is billed as quite elegant. There is no denying that the harbourfront apartments have absolutely spectacular views and are well furnished. I unwittingly discovered a problem in the serviced apartments which I assumed, other expats might wish to know about before putting their money down on short or long term leases.

There are no motives other than informational.

hmm...my gf lives there...i've obviously spent many a night there- haven't noticed anythign wrong with her place (she isn't in a serviced apt...doubt that makes a diff)...she's living on the lower floors...

will re-check tonight when i go there, but i think it may be limited to the floors your on..

Hum.... my parent stayed there for almost 3.5 years, and I travel to Hong Kong to stay with my parent very often throughout the year.

We never find Wall Mites all over the stove top and the provided utensils or any kind of inserts inside the apartment. I personally think it might caused by the personal hygiene problem.
    Besides, the staff at the Pinnacle always very helpful and nice.

Toured this property 24 months ago

I entertained this property approx. 24 months ago, and opted not to lease there , primarily due to the roaches I saw when I toured the apartment. It was a pitty , as the flat was well appointed. Roaches were living it up!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast