Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wtbhotia

Need help: 12-24 month lease in hk

Closed Thread

Need help: 12-24 month lease in hk

Hi all, new to the forum and read up on quite a bit of useful information so far.

Currently working in Canada and will be moving to Hk but need to sort of accommodation. I'll be working in central, so hk side would be ideal. Monthly salary of 45-55k. I'm not looking to stay at an extravagant flat, but as long as it's clean and somewhat spacious, I'm good with that (bigger than 400 sf). I'm single, like to travel, go out n eat mostly on the weekends (partying at lkf, haha) but would like to save a bit of cash as well.

Any neighborhoods you guys recommend? I'm cbc so don't necessarily need to live close to the expats as I speak Canto and mando

Appreciate any help I can get!! Thanks!!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using GeoClicks mobile app

I would recommend K Town (Kennedy Town) to you.

Get to HK, stay in Hotel or serviced apartment for the 1 month if possible, go to the area and have a walk around, look for agents, give them your budget and requirements and they will show you apartments. Never trust pictures on the internet and NEVER EVER sign rental agreement without physically visiting the apartment.

Standard Lease agreement is 24 months (12 months fixed - following 12 months optional), with 1 months notice min (depending on agreement, some landlords will ask for 2 months notice).

when renting an apartment expect to pay 2 months deposit, 1st month rent and 1/2 month rent commision, so you need to fork out 3 1/2 month money as soon as you sign the agreement.

Last edited by wtbhotia; 28-01-2014 at 11:50 AM.
    Timbuktuhk likes this.

Thanks for your reply wtbhotia! What would the commute be if I lived in Kennedy town? Are there reputable websites you suggest to look for a place? I have accommodation for 3 months when I arrive, then I'm on my own.

Must need: elevator, modern, furnished, and close to transit.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using GeoClicks mobile app

K Town MTR line should be opening this year If I'm not mistaken so your looking at a commute time to Central in around 15 mins, in the mean time normal road transport can take up to 30 mins which is not much.

Website in HK are really for reference only and majority of them do not update it frequently.
    http://www.gohome.com.hk/en/
    http://eng.28hse.com/

look for apartments like this which should suit you I think 2 bedroom with seaview 509sq/ft but acutal usuage is 396 sq/ft, still ok for a single bloke. 17K per month.

http://eng.28hse.com/utf8/property105891.html