Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fiona in HKG

Comparing various estates at Kowloon station

Closed Thread

Comparing various estates at Kowloon station

Hi, we are considering a move to Kowloon station. I know of The Arch, Harbourside and Sorrento - is there anything else? Some questions I have are:

1) Does any of these estates run any shuttle buses to anywhere?
    2) For groceries, let's say you don't want to shop at 360 all the time, where else can you go to? Olympic? Any local market nearby?
    3) I heard there is a major bus stop just outside the tunnel. Is it really of walkable distance to this bus stop from any of these estates? Is there any bus going to HKU?
    4) People have commented that Harbourside facilities and management are much more family friendly than The Arch, how about Sorrento?
    5) We are probably looking for a 3 br apartment, or 2 br with maid's room, so I guess 800-1000 sqft place. Which estate would be better for this requirement?

Thanks loads!

You can take 970 or 973 to go to HKU

Sent from my Nexus 5 using GeoClicks mobile app

We used to live in The Cullinan, now live in The Harbourside. Second everything The Brit says. Don't know how hold your kids are, but my young ones love the facilities here as great playroom and such.

Thanks for all the information!

DeletedUser, I have been there uncountable times and I can't believe that I don't know the existence of a bus and minibus terminus!

By the time we move, we'll have 2 children - 3 yrs and 3 months respectively, so yeah, great playroom is essential! Most of the info I read online seem to be focused on Arch vs Harbourside. Can anyone comment on Sorrento or Waterfront? I know they are older buildings, 12-14 yrs, so one question would be whether the facilities and apartments are generally well maintained/or in a renovated condition?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    I know they are older buildings, 12-14 yrs, so one question would be whether the facilities and apartments are generally well maintained/or in a renovated condition?
    Surely a quick look will answer that.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Surely a quick look will answer that.
    Actually, not necessarily. I had this exact problem when viewing flats in this complex (and others!). You could view the flat itself, and the public lobby areas but access to facilities like gym and pool were strictly denied.

I'd love to hear people's comments on the facilities (upkeep, crowding and other aspects) of the various blocks in this area too, especially Waterfront as the rents seem cheapest there!

Both the large supermarket chains here (Park N Shop and Wellcome) have online ordering systems so you can order most of the heavy stuff in bottles, cans, etc. and just shop for fresh foods.

TheBrit likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Thank you! (And that's actually good, from the residents' pov )

Anyone living in Waterfront and have any good/bad comments? I'm leaning towards that rather than Sorrento given the comments on the latter.

I had a look in all of them apart from Waterfront. Sorrento was my least favorite there and Cullinan by far the best but lack of balconies, outdoor terraces put us off that area and went to Olympic instead.

For those of you living there, is there much construction noise during the day from the high speed rail station?