Like Tree2Likes

Tenancy Issues in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thank you the site. It's very helpful.

So do you have a legitimate reason for not paying your rent?

I have one more question: If a family is broke, no money. No job and can't pay rent. In worst case scenario the landlord will evict the tenant out of the house. Where can the tenant live as to move one would need one month rent and 2 months deposit? Is there a social service or Government help for distressed families looking for home incase they are being evicted and have no means to get a roof over their head?

Unemployed. Married with children. Spouse earning's can't cover rent. So in a complete fix. No place to turn too either.

You have my sympathies

No friends you can stay with in hk for a while?
    What type of work do you do? are you applying for even temporary work or are you here on a work visa and your wife's the dependent?

http://www.sbsh.org.hk/english/indexe.html May be able to help you or refer you to somebody that could in the event you are evicted by the landlord.

Quote Originally Posted by rsethi75:
    Threaten with harm and lodging a complain with the police does not work. The police needs the crime to happen only then they can take action before that they cannot do anything. This is a universal fact of life. Threat is not considered a crime.
    In many countries a threat can be a crime
    INXS likes this.

Thank you for the site information. I am resident here in Hong Kong. I lost my job during the Asian Financial crisis and have been self employed doing on and off sales job. Due to the difficult economic environment I am no longer able to sustain myself. I am looking for any job related to sales or business development. It will give me some breather to start life all over again. Can you suggest any job that I can get on a temporary basis?

Quote Originally Posted by rsethi75:
    I am looking for any job related to sales or business development.
    I would look for 'any job' right now.

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    I would look for 'any job' right now.
    Yup get anything you can to pay the bills and get the landlord off your back.