Are

Hi all,

What is the general scenario of apartments/flats that are available for rent: are they fully or partially furnished (generally)? If they are furnished, what items are generally included as part of being furnished?

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks
    Madhu

There are no rules, some flats are completely unfurnished without air con, hot water heaters, stove etc(not that many), most are partially furnished since many people leave furniture behind and some come fully furnished with everything you need. Serviced apartments will even have kitchen items...

Obviously landlords tend to charge more if it's furnished.

Every place I've looked at has air conditioning, cooktop, fridge and washing machine and he two I've lived in also had a microwave. Other than that the place has been empty including having no window treatments eg: blinds/curtains or draws/cupboards in the bedrooms or living areas.

But as mentioned previously every place is different and what is there might depend on the previous tenants or if the place has an awkward space then the landlord my do something about that in the interests of making it easier to rent ie: my first place had a long thin corridor, my landlord built in a big shoe cupboard, desk and shelving without which the space would have been totally wasted and we may not have rented it.

in every place i've ever rented, except my current place, there was a refridgerator, cook top, washing machine, water heaters, air cons (i've never had a microwave included, don't think i've even seen any with one, unless it was built in)

i've had some, like larac, that had some built in furnishings, such as wardrobe units, bookshelves, tv stand, shoe cabinet.

my current place had air cons and a water heater NOTHING else.

Hi all,

Thanks so much for your responses. It helped a lot.. And sorry about that weird subject line in my posting. I posted the message in a hurry and didn't notice the subject.

Thanks,
    Madhu