Deepdene on Island Road, Deepwater Bay

Deepdene on Island Road, Deepwater Bay

Hello

We have just moved to HK from Canada and have been apartment hunting. I am wondering whether anyone knows anything about the Deepdene complex on Island Road in Deep Water Bay. In addition, are there any playgrounds nearby appropriate for a busy five year old! Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Guan Tai

Hi GT,

Most of the buildings on the South Side are very kid-friendly and will have playground facilities and most times a swimming pool.

I don't think there's a public playground in the area, but you do have the beach. Plus you're not far from Ocean Park.
    Rani

Here's the building listing from gohome.

http://www.gohome.com.hk/english/res...text=Deepdene&

Thanks Rani and KnowItAll. We were curious about the building because we have been shown a unit by our agent and are quite interested. However, I note that on some of the real estate web sites, this particular complex has 11 units listed. There are only 27 units in total and so we were wondering if that kind of vacancy signifiies some kind of problem with the landlord, the buildings or the location.
    Thanks again
    Guan Tai

I think there is a bit of an exodus from Hong Kong, specially the "South Side" which has a very north american population.

People are upgrading to better units and moving around .. the whole musical chairs scene.

GT,

The listings can be misleading. There may only be 1 unit available, its just being listed by all the agents in the area.

Rani

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK

Which part of Canada?