Like Tree50Likes

No hot water in kitchen

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jobin:
    i've no hot water in the kitchen. Why would i need it? I take a shower in the nearby toilet/shower room which has the hot water. For coffee/tea i use an electric kettle to boil the water.
    So you use cold water to wash your dishes?

Quote Originally Posted by JAherbert:
    my 2 cents.
    You already spent that over on the Pearl Island thread.

Quote Originally Posted by DeannaX:
    So you use cold water to wash your dishes?
    Oh look jobin! The poor people are saying funny things again...snort!!

I must have lived in 12 different flats in Hong Kong, and never had hot running water in the kitchen in any of them. I defrost my frozen chapatis by pouring boiling water over them from the kettle. I would guess the OP is living in luxury and doesn't realise it.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    I must have lived in 12 different flats in Hong Kong, and never had hot running water in the kitchen in any of them. I defrost my frozen chapatis by pouring boiling water over them from the kettle. I would guess the OP is living in luxury and doesn't realise it.
    We're living in nice apt now but was in a very old one before which did have hot water. I know some people who live in old NT villages and they all have hot water in kitchens.

Place we're looking at is about 24 years old but newly renovated after last tenants moved out. Seems like many expats live there too. So I don't consider it to be too old not to have hot water in kitchen.

Anyway, Landlord has agreed to lower rent to have heater installed in kitchen.

You can just install a small water heater under the sink. Easily done.

Quote Originally Posted by nassaugirl:
    You can just install a small water heater under the sink. Easily done.
    Oh, not know about that!

I've looked at couple of places online and found they cost around $7k-$10k not including installation etc...

Quote Originally Posted by chipster:
    Oh, not know about that!

I've looked at couple of places online and found they cost around $7k-$10k not including installation etc...
    No worries, one of Darryl's friends could lend you the cash.

Quote Originally Posted by chipster:
    Oh, not know about that!

I bought one second hand off Geoexpat for $800. The kind I am talking about are really small and dont cost anywhere near 7k. But you will need to pay a plumber to install it.

Quote Originally Posted by nassaugirl:
    I bought one second hand off Geoexpat for $800. The kind I am talking about are really small and dont cost anywhere near 7k. But you will need to pay a plumber to install it.
    Thanks naussaugirl

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast