Like Tree50Likes

No hot water in kitchen

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Update: Our village house on Lamma has hot water in the kitchen. Take that peasants!

Now we just have to get to grips with this slow and limited water heating system.

wtbhotia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Update: Our village house on Lamma has hot water in the kitchen. Take that peasants!

Now we just have to get to grips with this slow and limited water heating system.
    Our Village house in Da Jungles of Clear Water bay also has hot water in the kitchen

we also suffer the slow and limited water heating system. Showers in winter have to be taken AFAFP (As Fast As Feckin Possible)

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    Our Village house in Da Jungles of Clear Water bay also has hot water in the kitchen

we also suffer the slow and limited water heating system. Showers in winter have to be taken AFAFP (As Fast As Feckin Possible)
    my parents house in a remote like hell village has hot water in kitchen

also a strange advantage, as it's remote village, the cold water supply/pipes appear to laid either close to the ground surface, or exposed pipes for miles from the distributing pumps, thus, during summer, very warm water from cold water taps for free

great for showers
    Last edited by imparanoic; 01-04-2014 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:

I think the problem is that the village house electricity's mcb has low amps ( cheap mcb) thus, not enough current for instant electric shower

best way is to get electrician to install an automatic timer to turn on the boiler around your family lifestyle ( best electronic digital one with 7 day calendar) for winter for minimal hassle, thus, pre heat the boiler before you and your family arrives home

I'll just go for the AFAFP method as suggested by wtb. I get the ferry from next to IFC anyway and have splashed out on gym membership at Pure IFC.

So if you see someone stumble into Pure one morning in pyjamas, smelling like last night's beer, muttering something about hot water, that's me

wtbhotia likes this.

How's that any different just because you've moved to a village house, JJ?? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles:
    How's that any different just because you've moved to a village house, JJ?? ;-)
    Because it gives me an excuse

Had workmen in fixing a leak in the wall in the bathroom (was salt water so assumed it was the pipe going into the toilet cistern).

The fix has now involved replacing all the taps, doing some shit-looking plastic piping to take water from the hot water tank directly into the shower hot water tap, and removing hot water from very other tap in the flat, including the kitchen. Which is perplexing because there was no issue with the normal water supply anywhere.

The workmen sent by the landlord don't speak any English, so my 'No, you put hot water back in kitchen' is falling on deaf ears.

I won't live in a place that has no running hot water from any tap.

So coming back to this after a running battle with the landlord, who thought having the only source of hot water as the shower head (not even a tap) was a fine solution, and the back-street idiot excuse for a plumber who says is the only solution is to have a plastic pipe coming out of the bottom of the hot water tank and going into the top of the shower hot water tap is ticketty-boo.

Where do I stand on my tenancy contract, which we just renewed at a 25% increase, which doesn't specifically mention you get hot running water? Surely it is a given but you can never take anything for granted in this country.

As can be clearly demonstrated by the many posters in this very thread, hot water in kitchens are certainly not a given in HK.

The three options I see are:

1. Sue your landlord because 'hot water should be a given' - you will lose.
    2. Suck it up and boil the kettle more frequently - more practical solution.
    3. Bring your own contractor in to pipe from the water heater to your sink - less practical and more costly solution.

bookblogger likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast