Like Tree20Likes

Tuen Mun

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles:
    Don't let INXS scare you off with that horrific poem. Tuen Mun is fine. If you don't mind being miles and miles and miles away from HK Island, you can't go too far wrong in a place like Tuen Mun.
    there is a coach service during mornings and evenings, opposite shun tak, takes 40mins to get to tuen mun ( from sheung wan)

wtbhotia and chingleutsch like this.

O.P. As always, a place is what you make of it. No work today so we chilled at home this morning. After lunch, my 4 year old and I walked our Labrador to the beach and had our first swim of the year. Afterwards, we walked home and cleaned up...grabbed the bikes and went riding on the cycle paths down near Sam Shing harbour...we rode over the river to the cycling park and enjoyed a couple of hours there.

I normally start my Sunday morning with a 15km ride around Tai Lam Chung, that's Tuen Mun's back garden by the way, one of the biggest country parks in the territory...you can walk or cycle all the way to Tai Mo Shan and beyond from here.

We have a beautiful town park and we are close to Lau Fau Shan, Yuen Long and Nam Sang Wai.

We enjoy direct buses and coaches to many destinations in Guangdong and beyond. Tuen Mun is without a doubt the best, most liveable town in the New Territories, maybe even the world.

wtbhotia likes this.

INXS and chingleutsch like this.

I live in Tuen Mun too Jacko, I think it really depends what you and your wife are looking for. As with most shopping malls, I think you'll find many many people there and Tuen Mun Town Plaza/V City is no exception. If you are looking for soomewhere quieter and more residential, I suspect and would look at Gold Coast, having been there recently, I actually do feel this is somewhere I can go to for more peace and quiet in comparison. The only thing I think of in relation to work is the commute, it will take up a certain amount of time - given there is the MTR West Rail (which you can get a monthly pass saver from the station service) to reduce your travel cost, I think this is the trade off if you work very far.

Last edited by averageguy; 05-04-2014 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jacko0101:
    the MRT from quarry bay on HK Island only took me 1 hour 10mins
    If your working in Quarry Bay then why not have a look around Tseung Kwan O or even clear water bay (village houses)
    iliketurtles and chingleutsch like this.

Yes, if you love urban blight and psychopathic town planning, Tseung Kwan O is a great alternative to Tuen Mun!

kimwy66 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    Yes, if you love urban blight and psychopathic town planning, Tseung Kwan O is a great alternative to Tuen Mun!
    And suicidal roundabouts! TKO has lots of those.
    bookblogger likes this.

Bookblogger, where would you recommend OP lives?

Yes, kimwy66. In fact, TKO is made up of 100% roundabouts. And street life is banned.

kimwy66 likes this.