Like Tree5Likes

Looking for new developments

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for new developments

Hi, my wife and I are moving to HK this June/July. Budget for accommodation is max $55k/mth for a 2 or 3 br.

We have already done 2 rounds of agent organised viewings and saw stuff in Pokfulam and Tai Hang, and are getting a better idea of what we like and don't like.

For our next round of viewings we would like to identify new or nearly new buildings and have identified Larvotto and Serenade as
    possibilities.

Appreciate any additional suggestions. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Amalfi in Discovery Bay is brand new and fits your budget.

Thanks. We are less inclined to DB as we plan to have a car and drive into work (Central). We understand that the DB vehicle & parking set-up is not ideal for this?

Quote Originally Posted by milehighj:
    Thanks. We are less inclined to DB as we plan to have a car and drive into work (Central). We understand that the DB vehicle & parking set-up is not ideal for this?
    Why on earth would you want to drive to work??? Especially when driving to Central! I'm not sure where you're moving from but I assume it's the norm to drive to work there? In HK it certainly isn't. Unless you work very unusual hours or live in the depths of the Northern Territories, public transport/taxis is usually quicker, cheaper and much more efficient.

Primarily because we can and want to. Additionally because the cost of parking will be covered.

Yes we know what most people do. But we aren't such newbies to HK that we don't also know of other families who drive to work.

55K is going to be pushing it on the south side for a decent sized 2-3 bedroom. I think you might be able to squeeze into a Upper Baguio Villas unit.

Have heard Larvatto rents are down.. but very much landlord dependent.

Aqua 33 has some units around that price range. Not sure what the parking situation is around there.

Belair may be possible .... for the 1000sq ft units. Victoria Gardens possible .. but thats an older unit (spacious though).

park view might be possible ... not sure what the club fees / parking fees etc are like ...

Take a look at some of the estate agent / consoldator websites ( www.gohome.com.hk / http://www.statelyhome.com.hk/en/ )

Just looked at GoHome .. crap listings when I sort by size (descending) in the 50K range.

And according to centaline .. the largest < 55K property seems to be this one.

http://www.statelyhome.com.hk/en/Pro...1-8d9c0eb18496

Again, no clue about that building or parking sit.

OP

Some of the newer developments won't necessarily include car park though.

So you may need to rent and factor in $5k a month or so on top of your budget.

shri likes this.

55K for a decent sized new development, including a car park is a big stretch.
    Bend a bit on : Car or size or age and you can still get something very decent for 55K

eg: an older building 1500sqft in Happy Valley with racecourse view (no facilities) or a newer building 1000sqft in Happy Valley with full facilities (Ventris Place, Celeste Court etc).

Quote Originally Posted by shrì:
    Which would be fine, except that I've banned gruntfuttock permanently.
    *puts on an Austrian accent*
    He will be back (some think he already is)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast