Good building recommendations in Wanchai, Causeway Bay and Tin Hau , 25-30k ?

Closed Thread

Good building recommendations in Wanchai, Causeway Bay and Tin Hau , 25-30k ?

Hi all

Am relocating in July. Office is between Vic Park and Fortress Hill mtr.

I am a single guy, early 40's seeking recommendations for good buildings to look at.
    I have spent some time in HK lately, I enjoy the hustle and bustle and convenience of Wanchai, the multitude of cafes and restaurants etc as I won't be cooking too much. So, looking for a building recommendation to narrow my search, 25,000 to 30,000 per month ideally for a 1 bedroom.

I enjoy a social life, so want to be close to mtr (5-7 min walk say) , cafes, restaurants etc. Am looking at Wanchai, CB and Tin Hau. 20 minute commute perhaps.

Buildings in Wanchai I have seen recommended are:

Zenith, J Res, Oakhill, Starcrest.

Any recommendations for buildings in CB and Tin Hau where I may get a little more for my money ?

Thanks very much.

Quote Originally Posted by holoski:
    Hi all

Am relocating in July. Office is between Vic Park and Fortress Hill mtr.

I am a single guy, early 40's seeking recommendations for good buildings to look at.
    I have spent some time in HK lately, I enjoy the hustle and bustle and convenience of Wanchai, the multitude of cafes and restaurants etc as I won't be cooking too much. So, looking for a building recommendation to narrow my search, 25,000 to 30,000 per month ideally for a 1 bedroom.

I enjoy a social life, so want to be close to mtr (5-7 min walk say) , cafes, restaurants etc. Am looking at Wanchai, CB and Tin Hau. 20 minute commute perhaps.

Buildings in Wanchai I have seen recommended are:

Zenith, J Res, Oakhill, Starcrest.

Any recommendations for buildings in CB and Tin Hau where I may get a little more for my money ?

Thanks very much.
    I used to live in Tin Hau which is a nice starter neighborhood for expats without too much of a housing budget. For the type of money you want to spend, I don't think there will be much available in Tin Hau close to the MTR (most if not all of the apartments in your budget would be 3 bedrooms - also the apartments on top of the MTR would be too expensive ie HK$40k+).

At your budget and marital status (single) I would just plop for a 1 bedroom in one of those new Wan Chai buildings (J-Residence) etc.. Honestly though I would live in Soho if I were you, you can get a very nice studio or 1 bedroom for that price in Soho and have access to better restaurants/cafe's etc than there are in Wan Chai.

Quote Originally Posted by cbalex:
    also the apartments on top of the MTR would be too expensive ie HK$40k+).
    yes, thats a nice block, but they all seem to be 3 bedrooms as well, no ppoint paying extra for that when I only need a one bedroom

Quote Originally Posted by cbalex:
    your budget and marital status (single) I would just plop for a 1 bedroom in one of those new Wan Chai buildings (J-Residence) etc.. Honestly though I would live in Soho if I were you, you can get a very nice studio or 1 bedroom for that price in Soho and have access to better restaurants/cafe's etc than there are in Wan Chai.
    J Res looks like a lovely building, but so small rooms, will def visit a couple tho, around Star Street looks nice too. Also, Zenith in Wanchai seems nice.

Just hoping I might get a building like that in CB or Tin Hau which gives more space, ie 650ft rather than 490-510 usuable sqft.

The food options dont need be fancy, just convenient and tasty

Thanks for replies tho.

Viking garden isn't new but they have decent views. In Tai Hang there's a newer building but not sure of the availability and quite a few renovated flats in that area. You need to find a good agent and it's just by luck to be honest. I've been wanting to move for quite a while but haven't found anything as they get snapped up quick. I love living in Tin Hau.

Sent from my Z30 using GeoClicks mobile app

I live in Tai Hang - the little neighborhood no one's ever heard of. Perfectly suits what you're looking for. Near everything but a bit out of the way and tons of good food options. I live in WarrenWoods now, a new big building but there's another one opening up next door, I think in July. I heard it will be nice 1 bedrooms in your range. I LOVE the neighborhood but really fed up with my building - it's brand new, 'luxury', but something's always broken (elevators, air conditioning, water, etc.).