where should i settle down?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

South Horizon is a large development located on the island of Ap Lei Chau just beside Aberdeen. The chinese name of South Horizon sounds like hui yee bun do. There's also another newer development that many teachers like called Shum Wan. It'll be about 5-10 minutes by cab and 10-15 by bus and you can walk to the school in less than an hour if you're feeling energetic.

Frankly, I find 28k a month a bit on the low end for teachers and professors, unless you're just beginning your career. Beacon Hill, The Peak and other high elevation areas have the best air quality in HK. Beacon Hill, in particular, is a great location at a fantastic price -- granted, very few flats are available as most are taken very quickly. Some professors are renting out 150k per month and others at only 50k -- it can truly vary. Of course, if you don't really care about the quality of your home, then no issue would arise. It would be akin to finding any hole to nest in. It's all a matter of priorities -- would I sacrifice my living quality for something second-rate? Do I really want to live in a tiny, old dirty box, or invest a bit more for a warm, comfortable, clean home for myself and my family?

thanks every one for all the suggestion.

They are all helpful informaiton for me.

BTW I heard that on Nam Lang Shan rd, there are some apartments, is that right? HOw is That?

WHere is Shum Wan?

There are a couple of buildings on Nam Long Shan. One is tight across from Singapore International and teh rent would be cheap but it's really not that convenient for anything besides work. There are no decent supermarket nearby, nor any nice restaurants. You''d be better off in Aberdeen if you want to save a few $$$.

Sham Wan towers isn't too far from South Horizon, a few hundred metres, it's also on Ap Lei Chau. Do a search on this website and you'll see samples of apartments.

Find a property - Power Search - GoHome.com.hk

thanks

that is really very helpful information
    I will go to see physically when I get to HK

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3