Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By wtbhotia

Suggestions for areas to live

Closed Thread

Suggestions for areas to live

Hi all,

I am moving to HK with my wife later in the year. I will be heading over in a couple of weeks for some meet and greets and to scope out some places to live. I know that there have been a bunch of threads on this type of topic, but it is a bit overwhelming, so I thought that I would just post my specifics and hope some generous souls would help me out.

- I will be working in the ICC. Not sure where the wife will be working but is a lawyer, so probably in the Central area.
    - I don't want to have to commute more than 30 minutes each way.
    - I am Australian and she is German (in our mid 30s) and we would like an area with some cool bars, a diversity of restaurants and hopefully a good supermarket.
    - I love to cook, so a good sized kitchen is a must.
    - No kids, so we would like a 2 bedroom place with 1200+ sqft.
    - I don't want to have to look directly at another building. Also some nearby green space would be good.
    - I would like to keep it in the $50k range, though could go up a bit if I have to.

Any suggestions of areas would be greatly appreciated, so I can walk the neighborhoods and narrow things down a bit, before looking at individual buildings.

Thanks,

Shaun

With that budget you will have plenty of options. Try Central / Mid-Levels / Sheung Wan on island side and Kowloon Station / Olympic on Kowloon side.

I'm sure others will come up with plenty more options.

On a side note - you might struggle to find a 2 bedroom place in the 1,200+ sq ft size range. They will most likely be 3 - 4 bedrooms for that size.

Last edited by jmbf; 16-05-2014 at 10:32 AM.

Leighton hill in Happy Valley would suit you but you may need to up your budget a bit higher.

With a 50K budget you should be good for Kowloon Tong. Considered an upscale area, very conveniently located. You have a lot of schools there, so its a quiet area. Central is a 15-20 min train ride away, and the trainstation is very accessable in Kowloon Tong. Goodluck!

Stick to Kowloon Station, 50K budget is plenty enough for the buildings above it. when you get here just to go the Kowloon Station and find an Agency and they will have plenty of buildings to show you above it.

Your Mrs can take the MTR to Central which is 1 station travel only.

The Cullinan
    Sorrento
    The Water front
    The Harbour side
    The Arch

for reference u can view this site http://www.28hse.com/en/utf8/searchproperty/K-69

closedcasket likes this.

isn't Sorrento a bit of a pikey estate? Place looked filthy when we looked around there. The Cullinan or the Arch would be a good choice. There is also further options up in Olympic which is one stop away but doesn't have the conveniences like Kowloon station has.

replied to wrong thread oppys

Last edited by wtbhotia; 23-05-2014 at 11:54 PM. Reason: dammit, replied to the wrong thread Oppys. please ignore