Like Tree12Likes

HK Apartment for Family

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HK Apartment for Family

Moving to HK at the end of the summer and looking for recommendations for family friendly apartment buildings that are within a 30-45 min commute to Central. Moving with an 18m year old child. Looking for a building that has other expat families and is in walking distance to restaurants/shops/etc.

Budget?

Around HKD 100k per month

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Quote Originally Posted by bostonexpat:
    Around HKD 100k per month

bugger me that is some budget!

HK Apartment for Family

In general if you are looking for family friendly buildings look for newer and larger complexes, they will likely have decent clubhouses with children playrooms and many other facilities.

I can't comment on island side, but on Kowloon side, you can consider the complexes above Kowloon Station. Most are very nice and have good facilities. Right below them is Elements, a high end shopping mall which has lots of restaurants and shops (and two 5 star hotels with their own bars and restaurants as well). There is also a large open space with a great children's play area above the mall. You have a direct MTR connection to HK station (1 stop) and from there it's easy walking distance to Central.

Last edited by jmbf; 30-05-2014 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmbf:
    I can't comment on island side, but on Kowloon side, you can consider the complexes above Kowloon Station.
    Nice if you like to live in a podium on top of a giant shopping centre, with one monolithic landlord and nothing but roaring highways at street level. Obviously many people do.

Repulse Bay. There is a mall with restaurants, a lovely beach and plenty of expats. The Repulse Bay development has 2400sq ft apartments just under 100k.

HK_Katherine and Skyhook like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    Nice if you like to live in a podium on top of a giant shopping centre, with one monolithic landlord and nothing but roaring highways at street level. Obviously many people do.
    Ok, Kowloon Station has its downsides but come on - its not that bad. The central podium is quite well designed with walking paths, water features and a very large and well equipped children's playground. No traffic to negotiate either. Nearby is Kowloon West Waterfront Park, which is nice to cycle or walk through.

The mall has an ice-skating rink, a bookshop with a large children's area, many restaurants and so on.

Many expats with children live there for those reasons and many others.

Having said that, Repulse Bay is also nice and might be a better choice if the OP wants a more laid-back environment.
    TheBrit and imparanoic like this.

Leighton Hill in Happy Valley ticks all the boxes.

The other place with many families and expats is discovery bay. It's a short (regular) ferry ride from central. Many facilities for children and good access to hills and beaches. Less built up than much of hk. You may also save some of your budget too.

Sent from my SM-N900 using GeoClicks mobile app

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast