Cannot put down 3months deposit so flat share or serviced apartment budget 5-7k

Closed Thread

Cannot put down 3months deposit so flat share or serviced apartment budget 5-7k

Moving to Hong Kong soon to work however i dont have the amount of money required to for a large deposit + fees.

I have viewed various posts on the site about serviced apartments and also looked into the prices of flat shares.

As i have know experience of either in HK, what would be the best step initially for a place for the first 3-6 months?
    I have no real need for a kitchen area, just a bedroom and bathroom.

Preferable locations are North Point area or Hung Hom but i appreciate my budgets to tight to be picky.

Thanks in advance for the advice guys.

Might want to look at shared flats in the classifieds ( Apartments: Rent, Share & Sale :: Hong Kong GeoExpat ), or AirBnB as an alternative to serviced apartments, where you may need to pay first and last month's rent in advance.

Can't you get the deposit money from your wife, wasn't she working in finance?

Did you get your teaching degree finally?

Look for group called Expat Hong Kong on Facebook, I see postings of rooms to rent (short and long term) nearly on a daily basis. There's one thats just popped up for a double bedroom in Wanchai for 6.5k.