Like Tree44Likes

A good deal......or maybe not!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

After three months of walking down 25 flights of stairs, twice a day (minimum) you are going to need a knee replacement.

Drunken Master likes this.

That bathroom is just weird. I'd rather have more bedroom space, and less seeing / hearing the other half do whatever in the middle of the night.

As for the stairs, ok if you are single I guess. I would have probably gone for it 20 years ago. Eat out, before you get home, so the only groceries you need are some cereal, milk. Good small backpack is all you need.

2 months discount in 24 months contract is about an 8.3% discount
    For the three months without an elevator, that's about $733 savings per day
    Assume there are two of you and you only go out once per day, each trip is about $183.

If someone offered me $183 to walk up to my 29th floor apartment, I would say no thank you.

This is what $183 can buy you

Last edited by dumbdonkey; 20-08-2014 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by big_panda
    After three months of walking down 25 flights of stairs, twice a day (minimum) you are going to need a knee replacement.
    Rubbish. Plenty of hikers do 10x that many stairs on a typical hike - often several times a week - for years. As someone with dodgy knees myself, I know stair climbing makes my knees stronger and less likely to be problematic, not the worse. Sitting on the couch eating is the worst thing you can do for your knees....
    jgl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine
    Rubbish. Plenty of hikers do 10x that many stairs on a typical hike - often several times a week - for years. As someone with dodgy knees myself, I know stair climbing makes my knees stronger and less likely to be problematic, not the worse. Sitting on the couch eating is the worst thing you can do for your knees....

To be fair, no one does this everday for months. They all have rest days in between. And remember the tenant may not come from a fit background and prepared for the immediate stress applied to thei body. Knee replacement? maybe not, but definitely joint soreness and other issues. Someone with heart and high blood pressure issues may not want to take this good deal.

I climb around 600-800 floors of a building equivalent every week while hiking. Knees are a bit of a problem at times, but replacement? No way. I would be more worried about sweating if you need to wear a suite.
    Joke aside, I wouldn't want to live in a building where I have to climb. I prefer to make my own decisions.
    Also I don't believe that there is no other lift to the even floors that only requires 1 floor to walk, in which case it would be a perfect deal.

jgl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hktraveller
    Also I don't believe that there is no other lift to the even floors that only requires 1 floor to walk, in which case it would be a perfect deal.
    The building has only one flat per floor so putting in two lifts cuts into a lot of the living space.

You go home after dinner, and you're trudging up the stairwell on the 14th floor then it hits you. You realize you shouldn't have had the curry.
    Good luck.

and if you actually make it in time, you get to do the number 2 while your significant other watches.. ahh, living the dream.

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by threelittlepigs
    The building has only one flat per floor so putting in two lifts cuts into a lot of the living space.
    Great planning then. I'd say avoid.

I'd think they would have two lifts. One probably serves lower floors and the second one higher floors.

Can you imagine one lift - not working and the emergency crew not able to reach you, if you had a medical emergency?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast