Like Tree44Likes

A good deal......or maybe not!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

A good deal......or maybe not!

What do you guys think of this - a nice apartment in Tai Hang, 33K / month with car park and TWO MONTHS rent free - the only catch is that the elevator will be out of order from Nov - Jan and the apartment is on the 29th floor!

The owner estimates a 10 minute walk upwards and 7 minutes down - not sure if that is realistic or not.

A good deal or only for the crazy? Is a saving of 66K worth the hassle of climbing up and down 29 flights of stairs everyday for 2 to 3 months??

FREE RENT 2 MTHS - Royal Court, Tai Hang Rd, Tai Hang - Tai Hang :: Hong Kong GeoExpat

aktar likes this.

29th floor in a Hong Kong building is probably just the 6th floor in reality.

East_coast and Mat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof
    29th floor in a Hong Kong building is probably just the 6th floor in reality.
    I take your point - there is probably no 4 / 13 / 14 / 24 floors. However that's still a good 25 floors up or so.

Don't underestimate 29 floors up with groceries.

Hard question. Any kids involved?
    If no kids, I'd do it-66K is a good chunk of money (over $1000 per day). You'll build some good muscles in the process.

As for groceries, I'm sure you could find someone to deliver groceries for you if you pay them an extra $100-$200 per trip if you dont feel like doint it yourself.

The biggest downside will be going out. No one wants to do stairs with nice clothes on and if you happen to get drunk while out, how are you going to get up there with headspins

East_coast likes this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

I can imagine staircases full of people trudging their weary way up and down...

Fiona in HKG likes this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

It has a glass-walled bathroom! I like a little privacy when I be a-crapping.

rani likes this.

Is there really just one lift? No service lift? Even if the lift works, just one lift for 29 floors sounds like lots of waiting time.

if they offered 3 months free rent, maybe, but 29 floors, only if you don't have to commute to work and only come out of your apartment twice every week, it's doable ( similar to living in sea ranch)

if you have to commute to work everyday, you will start to dread living there after the first 2 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof
    Is there really just one lift? No service lift? Even if the lift works, just one lift for 29 floors sounds like lots of waiting time.
    In the ad it states only 1 apartment per floor so its probably not that bad (when the lift is working).

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast