Like Tree9Likes

What should would your salary be if I'm renting an apartment for 23k/mth?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What should would your salary be if I'm renting an apartment for 23k/mth?

Does anyone know what would your expected salary should be if your renting a apartment for 23k a month. I am applying for work and I have been asked for expected salary to be.

just time that by 4 then

Traditional logic (and what I was always taught) was that you should never spend more than a quarter or maximum a third of your income on accommodation. However in HK this logic doesn't always hold due to the high cost of living here (especially for those on lower income levels). So you can easily find people spending a much higher percentage of their salary on accommodation alone.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Quote Originally Posted by franknelisi:
    Does anyone know what would your expected salary should be if your renting a apartment for 23k a month. I am applying for work and I have been asked for expected salary to be.
    Surely you should do this the other way round. How can you commit to a $23k flat if you don't know what your salary will be?

Yes I know but I'm trying this way round to see if it will work. I know my salary overseas but I'm not to sure here

Thanks for the advices

It does not make sense to do it this way because there are other big factors to look at apart from the rent. Do you come with kids, your wife if any? What is your day to day life back in your home country? Does your home country have signed an agreement with hong kong regarding taxes? Etc.. :-)

Just ask for two billion dollars. That will cover rent comfortably

Lol. Without knowing anything else, I would say more than 35k month (of course it will be stupid to spent more than 65% of total income for the rent but it's doable if you are alone).

We know accommodation is expensive we just want a home to be happy with and to love hk! No kids

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast