Flat in uptown plaza (Tai Po Market) - any opinions?

Closed Thread

Flat in uptown plaza (Tai Po Market) - any opinions?

I would appreciate to hear some opinions about living in Uptown Plaza right next to the Tai Po Market MTR station. This will be a rental unit.

I work in New Territories and don't need to commute to Central or HK Island frequently, so the location is very convenient. I am a bit worried about the old apartments and any potential problems that I might not be aware of.

Thanks in advance.

same problems you get with any "old" buildings (remember, old is a relative term in HK).

If you are on a budget I don't see a problem with living there - it's above the plaza and will take you less than 5 minutes to get on a train from there. Plus you have the Park N Shop etc nearby for convenience. But if you have a bigger budget and don't mind living say 10 minutes away, you can get a nicer, larger apartment with more facilities and better environment and still be within easy reach of the train. For example The Paragon, Grand Palisades, Paramount, JC Castle etc

Paragon and GP are within 10 minutes walk of the station (or 2 minutes drive in the shuttle bus). Latter two slightly further.

if you're gonna live in Tai Po, you're spoilt for choice.

Uptown is pretty downmarket and very very busy, cos of the trains. If you like walking into crowds as soon as you leave your tower, then that is a great place for it.

By the way, nice pubs in Tai Po. Loads of drunk gweilos.