Apartment for three Australian students - 6 months

Closed Thread

Apartment for three Australian students - 6 months

G'day,

Me and my two friends are moving to HK very soon, and we've only very recently been denied access to the university administered accommodation with less than 4 weeks until we are due to start. So now we are in a mad rush to try and find something that can accommodate all 3 students for approximately 6 months.

We are studying at HKU so preferably in close proximity to the university.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by Angus Groves:
    G'day,

Me and my two friends are moving to HK very soon, and we've only very recently been denied access to the university administered accommodation with less than 4 weeks until we are due to start. So now we are in a mad rush to try and find something that can accommodate all 3 students for approximately 6 months.

We are studying at HKU so preferably in close proximity to the university.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Regards,

It is very difficult for students to get a decent flat nearby HKU nowadays - mainland students are paying higher than market rent and 1 year advance payment. Also, the typical lease here is for 2 years with a 1-year fixed term. Renting for 6-month is a bit more difficult.

But HK is a very small place, and HKU is getting an MTR (mass transit) station around 2 weeks later, on 28 Dec 2014. So you can actually look up places further away, possibly on HK island, say from Taikoo to Wanchai. The travelling time by MTR should be not more than 15 min. See MTR's website below, MTR HKU station will be 2 stations to the west of Sheung Wan -

MTR > Journey Planner
    Last edited by james_hklocal; 10-12-2014 at 09:06 PM.

There are a few groups on facebook that might be useful for you to post in but i dont think i can link them here.