HK rental accommodation for young family

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thanks saun-fam. Wow, that's pretty small. I can barely imagine how you fit beds, dinner table and chairs, couch, and TV in something that small... Or perhaps you can't??

Quote Originally Posted by aussie1000:
    Thanks saun-fam. Wow, that's pretty small. I can barely imagine how you fit beds, dinner table and chairs, couch, and TV in something that small... Or perhaps you can't??
    Yeah- the double beds completely filled the bedrooms (lots of opportunity to smash shins and pinch fingers in doors), there were no dressers or built-ins, the TV was approx 4 ft from the back of the couch, and the kitchen had a dorm-size fridge, and approx 4sqft of counter space. The bathroom was actually pretty nice. : )
    But it was just temporary, and served us fine for a month while we searched for our much nicer, larger (more expensive) place.
    Good luck.

Thanks for the insight saun-fam. Do you mind me asking what you paid (HK$/mth) for the 500sq ft 2 br apartment you mentioned? Also, was that in Kennedy Town or somewhere else?

We paid $12K- it was a short term rental we found on craig's list. Cheaper than a hotel or serviced apartment for the month, but I'm sure you could find better rates for a normal length lease. It was in Aberdeen. We could get to HKU in about 1/2 hour- once we figured out the bus routes.

Accomodation near HKU

Hi,
    Not sure whether you have already found your place to stay. I have a studio apt but has to relocate out of HK even before I can move in. The place is newly renovated In Sheung Wan - Des Voux Road West. About 400+ sq ft with front terrace (400 sq ft) and back terrace (200 sq ft). Very near HKU. As it is a studio, it will be superb for crawling infant. Mon can easily keep an eye on baby all time and even while she cooks, while the front terrace will provide safe private place for baby to play or for friends to come over to chill out and relax. The back terrace will be perfect for drying baby wet clothes. A clean outdoor place for laundry is rare in HK. No furnishing but can arrange if interested. Has most electrical, washing machine, fridge, stove, aircon. If interested, please email me at geoexpat. Looking at HK$9500.