Serviced Apartment $18-20k range

Serviced Apartment $18-20k range

Dear all,

I hope someone here can help me.

I am looking for a serviced apartment for 3-4 months with the following criteria in mind:

*Budget $18-20k
    *One bedroom - studio is no good to me
    *Within 15 minutes commute to Central (HSBC Tower) - am happier
    going out a bit to get more space/peace, but don't want to be
    further than 15 mins as my job involves long hours into the evenings.
    *Ideally on HK island but I'm not averse to Kowloon if there's a
    good value deal.

Through searching the forum and a bit of net research the following look interesting:

*Harmony Mansion - Wanchai
    *Bloeman - Sai Wan Ho
    *Harmonium Serviced Apts - Wanchai
    *Treasure View - Happy Valley & Broadwood

Treasure View look especially good value and I am wondering what I am missing as the prices see quite out of sync with others?

Anyway I would be grateful if anyone can give any pros/cons on the above and also suggest other serviced (or non serviced) apartments that meet my needs given I can only commit for 3-4 months right now.

Thanks for reading!

Hey thanks for that - I saw that list and used it to find stuff in my price range.

What I was hoping for was opinions on pros / cons of those places from people who have stayed in them - especially Treasure View.

Also one more to ask about - Manhattan Heights - slightly over my budget but looks v good value given the facilities they have - any opinions?

I made a query at Treasury View when I was looking for short term stay. The price which they quoted was much higher than on published. But still it was cheaper many of the other HK Island serviced apartments.

For $18k to $20k, you can try Excellent Court in Tsim Sha Tsui/Jordan area. Less than 15 mins to Central via the MTR.

if you commute, MH to get anywhere is a pain in the arse. I especially hate Kennedy Town for being so hard to leave/get to.

Quote Originally Posted by tmg-uk:
    Through searching the forum and a bit of net research the following look interesting:

*Harmony Mansion - Wanchai
    *Bloeman - Sai Wan Ho
    *Harmonium Serviced Apts - Wanchai
    I have been contacting those three, here are my findings:

Harmony - Went to view a 2-bedroom today. Old building but apartment looked ok though it's nothing fancy, a bit dark in the living room and overall not that big (~500sqf I think was mentioned). My main concern is the noise though as the unit was facing Henessy Road. Leasing office was closed today, so no price quoted.

Bloeman's - located in the Grand Promenade Building, viewed a one bedroom unit on the 71st (!) floor. The view was poor but at least it was bright as the building has 73 floors "only".
    Nice & new building with facilities like pool but the apartment itself was tiny, going for HKD16500. Two bedroom units about 19k.

One Real Estate Agent just across the street said you can get furnished two bedroom units below 20k (non serviced though).

Harmonium - Wanchai will have a studio available end of October, no availibility in Quarry Bay. Two bedroom places usually rented out long-term, so hard to get.

Hi, as it's sometime now since your posting, you may have chosen your apartment. If you haven't and like to chat about it, you can email me at: [email protected].