Area to live which can access Aberdeen and Prince Edward MTR

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

How about Ap Lei Chau? You can hop on the 171 bus to Prince Edward

Aberdeen itself might be a possibility - cheaper than Kennedy Town, plenty of buses which go to the terminal near Singapore International and also plenty of Cross Harbour buses. Depending on the time you need to be in Prince Edward, they might be a good option.

On the down side, expect rents to go up significantly in Aberdeen once the line is complete and more importantly all the Grade A office buildings start getting occupied.

Last edited by shri; 14-04-2015 at 09:45 AM.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by powderfinger:
    We actually checked out Kennedy Town last week. We really like it, though it may be slightly out of our budget. With the new South Island Line going-in soon transport to Aberdeen will have more options.

South Island Line - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    That purple line (South Island West) hasn't started construction, and won't until 2021 (according to Wiki). So don't expect Aberdeen MTR Station to open any time soon.

Good call on the 2021 date. I won't be holding my breath. The South Island Line East does make places like Ap Lei Chau more of a possibility. Sounds like lots of buses as well. Will be there this weekend to check it out.

Hung hom.

Ap Lei Chau!

Bus directly to Singapore International school
    Bus 171 to Prince Edward.
    <snip>

Last edited by Editor; 26-05-2015 at 02:43 PM. Reason: No soliciting in the forums please, thanks.

I'd recommend Hung Hom.
    The bus from Cross Harbour Tunnel takes about 15-25 minutes to Prince Edward (25 mins by metro), and about 25 minutes to Aberdeen. Ideal location for an equal commute. There must be 30+ buses per hour to PE from Hung Hom, To Aberdeen I only know of the 107 and 171, so probably 10-15 buses per hour. It's also quite a nice district with very easy access to East TST- 10 mins by foot.

I've recently checked the prices in Hung Hom, and for 20K you could get a modern 2 bedroom apartment.

Kennedy Town would be OK. I think anything much further east of CWB would be a fairly long commute to Prince Edward.