Where to look for accommodation ?

Closed Thread

Talking Where to look for accommodation ?

Hi!
    I'm currently living in HK, in TST. I'm staying in a flat share for 9k per month. Theft is OK, it's modern and fairly nice, but very small for two people. My contract is up in early August, so a fair while in the future.

However, I feel like I should be looking around for places to live now, to get a better idea of what's out there.
    I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice.

My budget is 10k per month (Maybe 11k for a really nice place). I'd ideally like to live alone, but would be willing to share for say 8-9k. My only real requirements are that the apartment is a fair size (Minimum 200 sq ft.), has a kitchen and bathroom and is fairly modern. I also have to be able to commute to Central and TST within 30 minutes. Also, I'm leaving HK in August 2016, so would need a 12 month contract/ 12 month break clause.

Could anyone give me any advice? I know it's (far) too early, but I'm the type of person who can't rush anything. I need to have an area in mind well before August haha.

You could check a bit further along the Tseun Wan line (Jordan, Yau Ma Tei, Mong Kok, Prince Edward etc).

Ive had a look in a few estate agents windows in TST and Jordan, and it doesn't seem like my budget will be enough. They seem to start at 11k per month.
    TBH I think I would prefer to live in TST, Jordan or YMT.

Anyone know any good agents in these areas?

Check your PM.

jmbf has sent a very helpful PM. So thanks

I was speaking to a friend today, and he recommended Tseung Kwan O. We work at the same places, and he reckons he can do the commute (to central) in 30ish minutes. Is this a good area? Is it really much cheaper?

Quote Originally Posted by TeachHK:

I was speaking to a friend today, and he recommended Tseung Kwan O. We work at the same places, and he reckons he can do the commute (to central) in 30ish minutes. Is this a good area? Is it really much cheaper?
    Yes that's probably about right. IF you live right above the Tseung Kwan O MTR station and are lucky with the train timings.

TKO is alright, but everything is subjective. What some people like others might not. If you are thinking seriously about living there you should head on out and have a look yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by TeachHK:

You probably get Double or 2.5 times the space than in tst, also try tsing yi, also 25 mins to central