Student - serviced apartment/studio Mong Kok

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Student - serviced apartment/studio Mong Kok

Hi,

I'll be studying in Hong Kong August to December this year and am looking for affordable accommodation in Kowloon. I'm looking for a serviced apartment/studio, preferably in Mong Kok.

This will be my first time in HK, so I'm slightly lost as to where to look.

All information or tips appreciated!

Thank you!

Where are you studying and what's your budget

I'll be studying at CityU HK. My budget is pretty flexible, but I don't want to dig in too deep in my savings.
    I was hoping to find something up to HKD15,000/month (preferably less!). Hope I'm not being too optimistic.

At 15k you will have a decent selection to choose from.

Thanks, that's reassuring. But my problem is, where to start looking for that 'decent selection'?

monochrome

Personally I like Kowloon around Nathan road. Thousands of restaurants, international food, some open till 3 am. 7-11's open 24/7. Supermarkets, pharmacies, busses and metro's right outside. Fun to walk around in, near the water.

Last edited by monochrome; 29-05-2015 at 02:12 AM.

You probably get 350 Sq ft in mong Kok, would u consider lai chi Kok or tai wai area (only 10 minutes commute to city u) but u get a much bigger place, possibly as big as 550sq ft, also mong Kok is busy, dusty, noisy place, so do you really want to live there

I'd def consider a bit of a commute, and I really appreciate your advice on the location.

My biggest problem, however, is finding a place at a reasonable price, while not being tricked into renting a complete dump. As I mentioned in my original post, this'll be my first time in HK and I'd really appreciate advice on agencies or similar that rent apartments.

What I mean is, I need a way to access that "decent selection" I can afford with my budget. How do I go about searching?

Off-campus Accommodation System(OCAS)
    Student Residence Office - City University of Hong Kong

Because this is a thread about serviced apartments around Mong Kok, is there someone who could share his or her experience at 1 Dundas ?

Riverhollow: I am also arriving on 1 August and was considering the Mong Kok area but the dusty noisy comment is making me think twice

Cheers

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast