Like Tree7Likes

Kwai Chung renting

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kwai Chung renting

Hello,

Looking to rent in Kwai Chung, what's the best way to go about finding good deals with a bit of space?

TIA
    jg

Eh go to Kwai Chung, walk around and find real estate agents, tell them what your looking for Size + Max rental budget, they will show you what stock they have, once seen they will ask you to sign a letter that if you rent the apartments shown they are entitled to certain % as commission. Just make sure which apartments you have seen and when going to the next agent if they want to show you something that you've seen already dont see it.

2nd option, look on websites like Buy & Rent Hong Kong Property - 28Hse - Apartments, Homes, Real Estate for Sale
    Buy Property in Hong Kong | Hong Kong Homes for Sales and Rent | GoHome

So my next question is gonna be, where are the decent estate agents? Can afford 6-8k.

Quote Originally Posted by jg1:
    So my next question is gonna be, where are the decent estate agents? Can afford 6-8k.
    6-8K is out of the range for DECENT estate agents, u will only be able to afford a very very small apartment, 1 bedroom max 200 sq/ft.

try going to Wo Yi Hop Road.

Thanks for the tip. Maybe there's a cheaper area (centralish) that I didn't think about? Or as a last resort "go industrial".

Or as a last resort "go industrial".
    If you think that the cheaper rent by going industrial will save you $$$ in rent, you will be paying more for basic utilities, Electricity / Internet / Phone line etc, they will charge you business rate and not home rates.
    bookblogger and Skyhook like this.

Bear in mind that you will need to have enough cash for 2 months rent in advance and 1 months rent as a security deposit (total 3 months rent). Plus on top of that you have to pay the agent's commission which will usually be equivalent to half a month's rent.

Perhaps you would be better off with a flat share?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

By 'industrial', perhaps the OP means an illegally subdivided flat in an industrial building with who-knows what being stored nearby...

wtbhotia likes this.

Found a two bedroom near Kwai Hing MTR for 7800 per month. I would recommend to avoid the large group of estate agents near the corner of Wo Yi Hop/Castle Peak (they are mostly cartels who will try ever trick in the book to rinse you for as much as they can get) and speak with some of the smaller agents in the area, who are actually very helpful.

Found a two bedroom near Kwai Hing MTR for 7800 per month. I would recommend to avoid the large group of estate agents near the corner of Wo Yi Hop/Castle Peak (they are mostly cartels who will try ever trick in the book to rinse you for as much as they can get) and speak with some of the smaller agents in the area, who are actually very helpful.
    What size apartment did you end up getting?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast