Like Tree4Likes

Best place to live with 6000HKD budget

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Best place to live with 6000HKD budget

I will be moving to HK in two weeks—my base salary is 40,000HKD and I'll be working in Central. My company will provide temporary accommodation as I seek an apartment or flat share.

As I am single without dependents, I just want a space with my own bathroom within 30 minutes of central. Could anybody give me some areas or MRT stations that I should look around after I land in HK? I understand my budget is quite low but I really just need a place and would rather save the rest of my salary.

Thank you in advance for all replies.

You could try the older walk up buildings in Kennedy Town. Alternatively, there are some older buildings in Kowloon, e.g. Tai Kok Tsui or Prince Edward which might suit your budget.

wtbhotia likes this.

At that budget, I would suggest that you focus on walk ups. Perhaps you can try the Sai Ying Pun area?

At the price I suggest you rent a room as a flat share arrangement. There are several ads in this site in the Kennedy Town area.

Check out some village houses in Tai Po. Your commute to central will be 45 min to 1 hour but it's a nice play to live & you can take train or bus into town.

OP said within 30 min of Central.

Quote Originally Posted by threelittlepigs:
    OP said within 30 min of Central.
    Can't afford to be picky with that low a budget.
    He needs to compromise somewhere.

$6k non sharing will get you a bed and a few extra sq ft and a shared bathroom unless he ventures further out

The "[b]est place to live with 6000HKD budget" is quite simply not Hong Kong. If you're going to be earning $40k per month, presumably you're some sort of professional adult - I can understand looking to save money, but that's a really low budget for accommodation...

jimbo and lingc like this.

You may try Causeway Bay or North Point, but the rooms or studios can be very small. Better stay in Hong Kong side.

Sai Ying Pun, one of my mates was living in a close to 200 sqft apartment if you can call it that, 1 bedroom living room with LIFT for 6000 per month.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast