Like Tree23Likes

Best places in New Territories

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Best places in New Territories

I know this question gets asked a lot and I read a lot of older threads, but they seem quite outdated.

Looking to move from Mongkok in 2-3 weeks time and move out to the New Territories.

The budget will be 6-10k.

I'll be working in TST (Knutsford Terrace, which is arguably closer to Jordan?), and I'm willing to travel 30 minutes - an hour, hopefully door to door.

What places in the New Territories should I check out? Is it better to use websites like Squarefoot or use agencies in the area, or even go into the buildings and ask the staff?

Is it possible to get a serviced apartment for this price? What type of size will I be able to get in this price range, serviced or not?

Thanks in advance guys!

Last edited by Jamiehere; 23-06-2015 at 05:12 PM.

What's your budget? 6-10k each between you and your girlfriend or 6-10k total?

East_coast and Jamiehere like this.

Sorry for not being clear 6-10k total.

Squarefoot is good if you need to see photos and know building names but really it's not accurate. Best to go to the MTR and walk around to the agencies and have a look. 10k won't go far in HK anywhere.

How far is your job from Austin station? Not ideal to walk 20 minutes in the heat. But some places you could look are:

Shatin MTR station, shatin centre, lucky plaza, etc. About 275-320 square feet (actual) and price now is probably 10k after negotiating.

Yuen Long- but not likely close to mtr for 10k unless you are in a walk-up building. Lots of nice places near yuen long park around your budget and it's quiet there (by the park south side).

Tuen mun- should have some stuff here for 10k.

The layout is difficult to say. Usually they come 2 bedrooms in 300 square feet!! But a landlord may renovate to make a studio or 1 bedroom. Having a girlfriend best bet is a 1 bedroom for you. But be flexible. Don't waste your time with studios, not good for a couple.

Jamiehere likes this.

for 8-10k, you can get a floor 700 sq ft village house near kam sheung rd mtr, it's only 12 minute train from east tst, which is also 5-7 minutes walk from knutsford terrance

if you can spend a bit more, ie, 12-13k, you probably get a roof top which great for sunbathing and bbq

????????|?? ????|GoHome

Jamiehere and Skyhook like this.

????????|?? ????|GoHome

kam sheung rd, 12 mins on west rail to east tst, 5 min walk knutsford step

village house 700 sq ft
    Jamiehere likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiehere
    I know this question gets asked a lot and I read a lot of older threads, but they seem quite outdated.

Looking to move from Mongkok in 2-3 weeks time and move out to the New Territories.

The budget will be 6-10k.

I'll be working in TST (Knutsford Terrace, which is arguably closer to Jordan?), and I'm willing to travel 30 minutes - an hour, hopefully door to door.

What places in the New Territories should I check out? Is it better to use websites like Squarefoot or use agencies in the area, or even go into the buildings and ask the staff?

Is it possible to get a serviced apartment for this price? What type of size will I be able to get in this price range, serviced or not?

Thanks in advance guys!
    Transport links will be key. There is a premium to live near an MTR station.

Look for places that are on good bus routes with hopefully no changing. A lot of buses heading down Nathan road turn onto Austin Road, but that is only a 10 min walk to Knutsford. Also a lot of buses go from Chatham road
    Last edited by East_coast; 23-06-2015 at 05:22 PM.
    Jamiehere likes this.

if an hour, taipo, fanling or sheung shui are options, similar price for village house, but fanling and taipo, you may be standing all the way 40 mins to hung hom, sheung shui at least you get a seat as it's the end station -ish

apartment wise, 500-600 sq ft for 10k, walking distance to station most likely at 5 mins

Jamiehere likes this.

Mat

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiehere
    Sorry for not being clear 6-10k total.
    Not the best but a good compromise:

Sham Tseng. Quiet, good estates, decent neighborhood and easy to TST (52X to Mei Foo and then MTR) - max 40mn.

Can get 500 sqf (net) for 10K (nice sea view/mountain view). at Lido garden for example (25 y old buidling with facilities)
    Jamiehere likes this.

also, what is your life style, weekly night clubbing ? at knutsford steps of LFK?, stay close to mtr line or major town, even after 12am, 24 hours fast red mini bus frequent from mk, central and cwb, after a night of partying

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast