Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jrkob

Young Professional moving to HK for 6 months in September

Young Professional moving to HK for 6 months in September

Hi guys

I'm 24, a trainee solicitor working in London and moving to Hong Kong in September for 6 months. I wondered if anyone had any advice on where I should look to live and how I could go about finding flatmates/shared serviced apartments.

The office is based in Quarry Bay so ideally I would live close-ish to work; perhaps even within walking distance (up to 30 minutes walk would be fine).

It's the first time my company will be sending someone abroad as part of the training programme, and I've offered to give up my flat in London and pay my accommodation in HK to make this work. I have a budget of up to $12,000 HKD per month.

I'd first thought about serviced apartments, but really I'd be happy with any apartment, studio/one bed or two bed+ shared - I'm very flexible.

Any help would be really appreciated! And if you're also moving to HK in September get in touch!

Cheers
    Chris

You need to look at Taikoo and further east - perhaps even as far as the MTR line goes... more options will open up further east of Quarry Bay.

A lot more options if you're looking to share. 12K will get you something pretty decent (assuming the share is equal) in the 24K range.

Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Hi Shri - thanks for your suggestion. Though I'd like to live close to Quarry Bay, I'm open to suggestions if it opens up more affordable options.

Quarry Bay is on the Tseung Kwan O MTR line.
    How about Kowloon East ? Should be well within a half hour trip and - I think - it will be cheaper than HK side.

imparanoic likes this.

Oh wait .. just saw the 6 months limitation. Shared and Serviced apartments... 6 months is too short to lease / get settled in.

Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Mat

Look for share flat on this and the other expat website. Best way to proceed. Welcome to HK

Do you like the night clubbing style of lifestyle, as well don't mind small apartments, if yes, live close to the action, live in hk island,

If not really, and you don't mind a bit of commute, ie, 20 mins, consider Tseung Kwan or kowloon bay or lam Tin, you get much bigger place and place of your own