Like Tree11Likes

Hanging laundry

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hanging laundry

How do you hang laundry outside of the window racks when you live in a high-rise apartment? How do you stop laundry falling off / down?

Thanks

Use coat hangers with spring mounted openings and better pegs, clothes won't fall off even on a windy day

East_coast likes this.

Yes. Buy those clips to hold the hanger to the pole/wire.

I got mine laundered

Job done

robertlempriere likes this.

Tumble dryer. No dirty air to make my clothes dirty again before I wear them.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine
    Tumble dryer. No dirty air to make my clothes dirty again before I wear them.
    So you are using a tumble dryer to avoid the dirty air smell that you create by using a tumble dryer?

carefully.

i've never done it myself. just looking at some of the clothes hanging out of high windows gives me the willies. (we live on the 1st floor, so not an issue).
    i also don't understand how clothes dry in such humid air.

HK_Katherine likes this.

Wind

imparanoic and Kiz like this.

Kiz

Mt approach is lean out window, put clothes over the washing line and then put an appropriate number of normal pegs on the item. My washing line is of the string variety. I have lost 2 items of clothing in the last 8 years. I live on the 22nd floor. It's a windy and sunny spot. Figure that's not a bad loss percentage.

Anything of particular value maybe don't hang outside. I have a very cool but small indoor clothes line too, it is something like this Ikea ANTONIUS Height Adjustable Clothes Dryer.

Several years ago we ended up buying this for our balcony.

Was delivered to HK for surprisingly cheap .. and I would not be too wrong if I claimed that the installation was more expensive than the landed cost.

Pulleymaid Ceiling Clothes Airers | Wooden Drying Rack | Kitchen Clothes Airer Dryer

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast