$15K/mth apartment near office

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

$15K/mth apartment near office

Hi,

My office in HK is located at Kowloon Bay,Hong Kong. Any suggestions for a reasonable 2 bedroom apt (building age less than 5 years).
    If possible, travel time is less than 30mins.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by J876
    Hi,

My office in HK is located at Kowloon Bay,Hong Kong. Any suggestions for a reasonable 2 bedroom apt (building age less than 5 years).
    If possible, travel time is less than 30mins.

Thanks!
    I will be starting work in HK in mid December/early Jan.

telford gardens above Kowloon Bay MTR / Laguna City in Lam Tin (both older than 5 years) not many choices for less than 5 years.

I just posted this, take a look as Kowloon Bay is not that far from there: http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/post260755-14.html

The buildings are relatively new, Ocean Shores Phase 1 is AFAIK the oldest, it was completed in 2001.

Another alternative is Galaxia on top of the Diamond Hill MTR, a 2 bedroom place was quoted to me at 16000. Didn't bargain as I didn't like it but it's the ultimate in convenience, with MTR and a medium-sized shopping center in the same complex.

Last edited by Raccon; 12-10-2008 at 11:40 PM.

Sorry, gotta correct something: The unit at Diamond Hill was a 3 bedroom apartment (751 sqf) where the two smaller ones had been joined together.
    Didn't see any real 2 bedroom apartments because the agent said he didn't have any available.

You could really live anywhere along the green MTR line, and be within 10-15 minutes of Kowloon Bay station. You might even want to consider the purple line, out in TKO... Lots of new-ish apartments there, at what seems like a reasonable cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Raccon
    Sorry, gotta correct something: The unit at Diamond Hill was a 3 bedroom apartment (751 sqf) where the two smaller ones had been joined together. Didn't see any real 2 bedroom apartments because the agent said he didn't have any available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raccon
    ...Another alternative is Galaxia on top of the Diamond Hill MTR, a 2 bedroom place was quoted to me at 16000. Didn't bargain as I didn't like it but it's the ultimate in convenience, with MTR and a medium-sized shopping center in the same complex.
    Was surfing threads, and just tagging on here -

I know of a 751 sqf flat at "Galaxia" in Diamond Hill (near-above the MTR) that's available for rent just this last week, which was a 3-bedroom unit, then modified with 2 of the small bedrooms made into a medium-size one. It's high-up on the fortieth-something floor in a middle tower, facing the woody-green side. (Also, partially furnished, in-built wardrobes, shelves etc., plus washing-machine (new), microwave, fridge etc.)

For an idea of location, check out: [ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=hong+kong&ie=UTF8&ll=22. 341066,114.202092&spn=0.002506,0.006861&t=h&z=18"]hong kong - Google Maps[/ame]

The rental market's brought down such units, usually going for $15-16K, to $14-15K (even slightly below! ).

PM me if you want further info - direct from the owners.

Anyway, the unit mentioned is now on Centaline and Midland Realty's list; their offices are just below the "Hollywood Plaza" mall, outside/street-level.

And Kowloon Bay is around 15mins away from Diamond Hill MTR.
    (BTW, Galaxia's 10+ years old.)
    Last edited by sera; 13-10-2008 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Added info & URL

A friend of mine recommended staying near Olympic station. Is that area ok?

Not if you want to live "close to Kowloon Bay"

Where in Kowloon Bay are you exactly?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast