Need Advice on housing and schools

Closed Thread

Need Advice on housing and schools

We are moving to HK early next year, and would love some advice on housing and schools. We have a 2 year old, and my husband will be working in the Quarry Bay area. We would like to find a 3 bedroom apartment, ideally in a kid friendly environment, with a commute under 45 minutes. We have never been to HK so we are starting from scratch. We are not opposed to living outside of the city, and would compromise a slightly longer commute for better quality of life. We have heard a little about DB, one advantage seems to be the proximity to the airport (he will be traveling a lot).

We hope to spend no more than 20k-30k/month. We have no housing allowance.

Schools are important, of course, I would like to avoid a big commute to school. We will not have the cash to put her at the top of any lists, so what other choices do we have and what is the average tuition?

And finally, does anyone have an agent they like, or do you find different agents for different areas? My husband is coming for 2 days to try and look at some apartments.

Thanks!

Tai Koo Shing / Korn Hill, these are very close to quarry bay. Some decent schools near by.

Different agent for different area.

I think Taikoo is your best bet. It has a MTR and is right next to Quarry Bay. I think the most difficult part is for your husband is to look for a property agent and a flat at such a short period of time.

Since your kid is only 2 years old he's only starting Kindergarten I don't think schooling is an issue yet.

As for traveling to airport HK has a very well developed transportation system no worries there.

Just in case your husband cannot find anything in Taikoo or Quarry Bay; I know someone is leasing a place at Diamond Hill, right on top of MTR station 20-25 minutes train ride to Quarry Bay, in case you are interested PM me.

Hope this helps