Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By shri
  • 2 Post By Seagulls!

Serviced Apartments

Serviced Apartments

I have searched a lot on this forum but haven't found the following information (or maybe my search capabilities have gone down so forgive me for asking again):

What are the requirements for a serviced apartment? I have read about the requirements for the other type i.e. 2-3 month rentals plus half month rental fee for agent (if agent involved) etc. But what are the requirements for a serviced apartment? Is it linked with the tenor of your stay? Is the agent fee involved also calculated in the same way? Is an upfront security of some sort required in this scenario? Are there charges involved for extension in stay etc?

Thanks in advance for any replies!!

Cheers!!

Serviced apartments should not involve an agent.

There is a security deposit (1 months rent?) + 1 months rent in advance minimum (this was for a 3-4 month stay about 3 or 4 years ago). Again, this is not standard across all apartments and like you said, depends on the length of stay.

Extension of stay should be fairly flexible - the serviced apartments to tell you how far in advance they need you to confirm your extension.

We have a fair few apartments listed on https://serviced.hk

jugheadjones likes this.

Do you have any recommendations of serviced apartments in Hong Kong Island around 20k/month (or less) budget?

Quote Originally Posted by Mala14:
    Do you have any recommendations of serviced apartments in Hong Kong Island around 20k/month (or less) budget?
    Harbour Plaza, North Point is pretty decent and convenient. I think it's around the 20k mark.
    shri and jugheadjones like this.