Like Tree3Likes

Accommodation in New Territories

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

My husband is in the same situation. He works for a HK Company and we live in HK but he travels to SZ every week so his China visa is a business visa. That being said, he did a lot of back and forth between Tai Po and China when we first arrived in HK five years ago. Now he stays up in China 3 nights a week as the travel back and forth can be a pain. Even with a driver picking you up, the hassle of immigration gets old quite fast.

We lived in Tai Po for 3 years which was quite convenient for the commute. Lots of choices in that budget.

We now live on HK Island to be closer to school for our kids. There is a direct bus from Wanchai to Lok Ma Chau every morning that has worked well for my hubby this past year.

Best of luck

I am a HK local who goto Shenzhen sometimes, with some friends living there. I also have relatives and friends who goto work from HK to locations in different parts of Guangdong.

Your most northern and cheap option would be Sheung Shui and Fanling. But it really depends on which part of Shenzhen you go. Futian and Nanshan districts of Shenzhen are closer to Yuen Long and Tuen Mun respectively.

Northern and northwestern New Territories are cheaper than other areas of HK.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeanita1:
    Hi all,

New user here and moving to HK in approx 1 month.

Looking to see what recommendations are out there for New Territories with budget of 35K per month max.

Would appreciate any thoughts.

Would also consider Kowloon/Mongkok are but looking for space as well as there are 2 of us.

Cheers.
    Last edited by slgood; 29-07-2015 at 10:14 AM.

He will not need to fill in HK forms everytime if he has a HK ID card + NZ passport. However, he will need to fill in China forms every time as a foreigner and have his passport stamped.

Given the facts provided by the OP so far:

35K budget
    Driver to take him to China and back
    No need to commute across the border daily

I'm thinking it makes more sense for him to live closer to town and enjoy the convenience that brings. Certainly on his budget he can afford a modern / decent place with good facilities almost anywhere in Kowloon. With a driver there's no need for him to live far out in the NT and close to the border unless he wants a quieter / peaceful lifestyle.

I believe so. The prospective employer is taking care of all paperwork. Currently I have a multi entry visa for China so no issues there with numerous months left on it. Whilst i have travelled to HK and China for business the last 15 years (over 120 times from Oz) this is the first proposed "living" in HK full time.

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback. My preference is for a quiter time from work with more room for accomodation. My kids have grown up and moved on and there are only the 2 of us anyway. I need the space I think but also need the gym and pool etc for the physical aspects. My thoughts are New Territories based on the current feedback..so that being said, recommendations as to areas as I also will probably look at a boat etc for fun so coastal???

Thats the list so far....so 3 bedrooms is fine as my kids might visit...one day..they are all in their 20's so few and far between i think...

Perhaps check out Gold Coast?